Columbia, South Carolina Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Attorneys
Sadly, when loved ones age, they become more vulnerable to abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
Some older people opt to move into nursing homes or long-term care facilities to ensure that they are well cared for, and will be protected from the effects of their deteriorating physical and/or mental conditions. In these settings, however, older people are sometimes actually physically and/or psychologically harmed by the negligent or intentional acts of their caregivers.
In patient care settings, several factors have been shown to contribute to the abuse or neglect of residents, including:
- poorly qualified and inadequately trained staff;
- staff with a history of violence;
- inadequate numbers of staff;
- the isolation of residents; and, the
- known reluctance of residents to report abuse out of embarrassment or fear.
For all of these reasons, it is both an honor and a challenge to represent the elderly in personal injury litigation.
Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect cases present the challenge of overcoming a tendency on the part of others, including insurance adjusters and even physicians, to discount an elderly person’s injuries and the diminished quality of life that results from them.
The Strom Law Firm’s thorough investigation and effective presentation of the losses sustained by an elderly client, provides the background necessary to convince both jurors and insurance adjusters to fully compensate injured senior citizens.
Our attorneys take an aggressive approach to confronting the kind of egregious misconduct found in nursing home abuse and neglect cases. We represent elderly clients and families who have been victims of:
- Bedsores, pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, and infections
- Dehydration and malnutrition
- Financial abuse and exploitation
- Falls, dislocations and fractures
- Inadequate staffing, training, and negligent supervision claims
- Medication and prescription errors
- Inappropriate use of physical or chemical restraints
- Physical, emotional, and psychological abuse and neglect
The investigators and attorneys will move quickly and discretely to uncover and preserve critical evidence and vigorously pursue the maximum amount of compensation available under applicable laws.
If your loved one has been injured while under the care of a nursing home, contact the Nursing Home Attorney at the Strom Law Firm, LLC today for a free consultation to discuss your best possible course of action. We offer flexible appointment times and will aggessively fight for justice.