South Carolina Playground Accident Attorneys
The Center for Disease Control and prevention says every year emergency departments treat more than 200,000 children ages 14 and younger for playground accidents and injuries.
Occurrence and Consequences
The bad news does not stop there. Approximately 45% of playground-related injuries result in severe–fractures, internal injuries, concussions, dislocations, and amputations.
The CDC also says nearly 75% of nonfatal injuries related to playground equipment happen on public playgrounds. The majority of these injuries occur at schools and daycare centers.
The Strom Law Firm, L.L.C. is now investigating and evaluating playground accidents. If you or your child has been injured through no fault of your own, (whether a climbing wall, swing, slide, monkey bars even in a merry-go-round accident) you could be entitled to receive compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and loss of earnings. Call us today for a free consultation. 803.252.4800.
Playground accidents often occur because the owner did not exercise proper care.
We will review the facts of your case to determine whether the owner failed to:
- provide safety mats or safety equipment
- inspect and/or repair damaged equipment
- take measures to provide a safe swimming environment
- post warnings about dangerous conditions or equipment to avoid
- properly train staff.
Compensation for a Playground Accident
To receive payment for an accident that occurred on a playground or something similar, you must establish that the property owner had a legal duty to you.
Legal liability may be established by presenting evidence that:
- the property owner was aware, or should have known, that there was a dangerous circumstance;
- the property owner had a chance to repair or fix the dangerous condition; and
- the property owner’s failure to take the suitable action directly caused your injury.
Possible compensation in the event of a playground accident:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings, pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Other damages
If your loved one has been injured on a playground, contact the South Carolina Premises Liability Lawyers at the Strom Law Firm, LLC today for a free consultation to hear how we can help.