• Boating Under the Influence
• Emma's Law: Ignition Interlock Device
• DUI Administrative Suspension Hearing
• DUI Penalties in Midlands South Carolina
• DUI Videotaping Required in South Carolina
• Felony DUI In South Carolina
• Flying Under the Influence in South Carolina
• Guide to Field Sobriety Tests in SC
• Implied Consent in South Carolina
• Reducing a DUI Charge to Reckless Driving in South Carolina
• South Carolina DUI Defense Attorneys
• South Carolina DUI Fast Facts
• Strategic South Carolina DUI Defense Attorneys
• Traffic Offense Defenses in South Carolina
• Underage Drinking & Driving in S.C.
• Understanding Breathalyzer Tests
• Challenging DUI Testing In South Carolina
• Driving Under the Influence of Drugs in SC
DUI Attorneys in South Carolina
South Carolina’s DUI Penalties Are Severe
In 2009, South Carolina DUI penalties became more intense with stiffer fines and more jail time making it even more critical that you are represented by a South Carolina DUI defense lawyer.
- The higher your BAC, the stiffer the penalties.
- If you refuse to take the breathalyzer test, even for a DUI first offense, you will lose your license for 6 months, unless you request an administrative suspension hearing.
Your punishment for drunk driving is based upon whether:
- the charge is a DUI first, DUI second, DUI third, or subsequent offense;
- your blood alcohol level;
- whether you refused to take a chemical test, such as a breathalyzer;
- you had minors in your vehicle; and
- whether you were involved in an accident.
Charged with a DUI? Challenging a field sobriety test?
The Strom Law Firm, LLC South Carolina DUI Attorneys handle the following types of DUI charges:
- Reducing DUI charges to reckless driving
- Felony DUI
- Boating under the influence
- Underage drinking
- Military base DUI
- DUI drugs
- Traffic Offenses
- Flying under the influence
Whether it is your first offense or you have a prior record of driving under the influence or driving while intoxicated, our extensive knowledge of the law and access to resources can help you avoid fines, the loss of your license, jail time and other potential DUI punishments, including a suspended license.
If you have been arrested on suspicion of DUI, you need a criminal DUI attorney to ensure that you do not unknowingly waive any important rights. It is a complex law, with a surprisingly large gray area of actual DUI culpability.
Centrally located in Columbia, South Carolina, the DUI Lawyers at The Strom Law Firm, LLC handle DUI arrest charges.
Founded in 1996 by former United States Attorney and Assistant Solicitor, Pete Strom, the experienced criminal defense attorneys at The Strom Law Firm, LLC include a former public defender, and a former Assistant Attorney General and Richland County Assistant Solicitor, as well as a tax lawyer familiar with IRS investigations. Our experience and familiarity with prosecutorial techniques provide the basis for experienced and effective legal representation. We will fight hard to have your charges reduced, or even dismissed.
The South Carolina DUI Defense Attorneys at the Strom Law Firm, L.L.C. offer you one free initial consultation with one of our criminal defense lawyers to discuss: your DUI arrest, whether to plead guilty or not guilty to driving under the influence, as well as possible ways to have your drunk driving charge reduced. Contact us today for your free consultation. We offer flexible payment plans and accept Visa and Mastercard.