Locating a Columbia, South Carolina Criminal Defense Lawyer
Anyone faced with a legal problem knows the most common question asked, “Who is the best criminal defense lawyer in South Carolina.” When you are facing serious consequences such as jail time, fines, or probation, it is important that you hire a criminal defense attorney who best suits your needs. With so many lawyers out there, it may be overwhelming to try and select one that is best suited to fit your criminal defense needs.
If you have just been released from jail, it is important to immediately contact an experienced criminal defense attorney, even before your next court date so that your attorney may begin working on your case.
To determine who is best suited to represent you, there are several factors that you need to consider:
- The attorney-client relationship is built upon trust and you should select a criminal defense attorney that you feel comfortable with.
- Your attorney needs to know everything that happened. An attorney cannot prepare an adequate defense without knowing all of the facts related to the case. Early disclosure may prevent a roadblock later in your case which could have been avoided.
- Make sure that you understand what your attorney’s “fee” covers.
- Make sure that your attorney discusses the charge(s) against you, what the prosecutor must prove or establish to find you guilty, and the potential criminal penalties for the particular crime involved.
- Ask your South Carolina criminal defense lawyer what types of cases he or she typically handles as well as whether the attorney has defended the charge you have been arrested for.
- Be leery of anyone promises or guarantees you specific results. While your attorney can give you a good idea of what to expect, what your options are, and possible outcomes, it is unethical and impossible to guarantee you a specific result.
The criminal defense lawyers at the Strom Law Firm, LLC provide an aggressive, well planned defense. Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss the facts of your situation and hear how we can help.