Animal Attack Injuries
According to the center for American Humane Association, an estimated 4.7 million dog bites occur in the U.S. each year. Nearly 800,000 of those require medical care. When an attacking dog bites someone, it is a traumatic event, especially when a child is involved. Sometimes, the incident even results in a serious personal injury, such as permanent scarring, nerve damage, and even a claim for wrongful death. If you or someone you loved suffered a serious personal injury after a dog bite, you could be entitled to compensation. Give us a call today for a free consultation.
Dog Bite Injuries
Many dog bite injuries are not serious, however, thousands of bites every year result in medical bills, pain and suffering, and time lost from work or school. The most common injuries include:
- Nerve Damage
- Broken Bones
- Emotional trauma, and sometimes
- Wrongful Death
If you suffered one of the above injuries, the animal owners need to be held liable for your damages.
Dog Bite Statistics
Dog Bite Statistics illustrate the frequency and seriousness of these events:
- Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States seeks medical attention for a dog bite related injury
- It is estimated that for every dog bite that is reported, three go unreported.
- More than half of all dog bite victims are children.
- Approximately two-thirds of bites occurred on or near the victim’s property, and most victims knew the dog.
Call Today for a Free Dog Bite Consultation
At Strom Law Firm, LLC our South Carolina personal injury lawyers are committed to securing fair compensation for your injuries. While you focus on getting better, we will focus on protecting your rights. Call today for a free dog bite injury consultation.