South Carolina Criminal Defense Lawyers
The Criminal Defense Lawyers at the Strom Law Firm, LLC provide an aggressive and well planned defense. We will protect your procedural rights. Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss the facts of your situation and hear how we can help. We handle the following cases:
- Drug crimes,
- Domestic violence charges,
- Traffic tickets,
- Assault and battery charges,
- Juvenile crimes,
- Fraud offenses,
- Weapons charges, and
- White collar crimes.
Hiring a Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you or a loved one has just been released from jail, it is essential to immediately contact a criminal defense attorney, especially before the next court date. The sooner this is done, the better chance you have for a successful defense. Our team handles all criminal charges and practices in all courts in Columbia, and across South Carolina.
Six Things to Consider When Hiring A Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Be suspicious of anyone that promises you specific results. While your criminal defense attorney can give you a good idea of what to expect, it is unethical and impossible to guarantee specific results.
- Make sure that your criminal defense attorney discusses the charge or charges against you. You should also understand what the prosecutor must prove or establish to find you guilty, and the penalties for the particular crime or crimes involved.
- Ask what types of cases the lawyer generally handles, specifically whether the attorney has defended the charge you have been arrested for before.
- Make sure that you understand what your attorney’s “fee” covers. Some criminal defense attorneys will require a flat fee up front, while others work on an hourly basis.
- The attorney-client relationship is built upon trust and you should choose an advocate that you feel comfortable with.
- Your attorney needs to know everything that happened in order to protect your best interest. Your criminal defense attorney cannot prepare an adequate defense without knowing all of the facts. By disclosing something up front, it can prevent a roadblock later.
Call Today for a Free Criminal Defense Consultation in South Carolina
Being arrested or investigated for a crime can mean many things. What it does not mean is that you are guilty or that you have no rights. For experienced criminal defense attorneys who will fight for you whether the case involves a drug possession misdemeanor or felony drug trafficking and murder charges — call or contact us in Columbia, South Carolina, today.