Zimmer Nexgen Knee Replacement Class Action Lawsuit
Just about 130,000 knee replacement surgeries are performed every year across the nation. The Strom Law Firm is now investigating and evaluating Zimmer NexGen Knee Replacement Lawsuits. We are evaluating potential lawsuits for claims on behalf of individuals who received a NexGen CR-Flex Zimmer-brand knee implant that is or may be defective. Studies showed that it loosened, caused pain, discomfort, and sometimes infections which ultimately required additional surgery to replace the failing Zimmer NexGen knee. If you or a loved one has a Zimmer NexGen Knee replacement, you could be entitled to compensation. Call the Strom Law Firm for a FREE consultation to see if we can help you. 803.252.4800.
Zimmer Nexgen Replacement Defects
There have been nearly 1.5 million Zimmer NexGen knee replacements implanted since 1994. Patients who have had a Zimmer NexGen CR-Flex knee replacement surgery have become more concerned with the Zimmer NexGen CR-Flex knee replacement because of its widespread failure rate.
The concern about the Zimmer Knee comes from:
- Numerous orthopedic surgeons observed that after two years’ of use that 36% of the implants were loose.
- The replacement systems are failing pre-maturely and requiring patients to undergo painful corrective procedures.
- A long detailed article in the New York Times questioning many of Zimmer’s practices including lawsuits for kickbacks to doctors for urging patients to use their implants.
- The Senate Finance Committee investigating Zimmer’s product safety.
- Several models have even been recalled by the FDA.
Zimmer NexGen Defective Models
The defective Zimmer NexGen CR-Flex device is a Femoral Implant. The femoral implant is artificial mechanism used to cap the femur (the thigh bone) at the point where it attaches to the tibia at the knee. It consists of porous fiber metal and a cobalt-chromium-molybdenum alloy. Unlike many other traditional knee implants it is attached to the femur bone without cement.
The NexGen systems and products that may be defective include:
- Zimmer NexGen LPS-Flex Mobile and Bearing Knee
- Zimmer NexGen Complete Knee Solution LPS Flex Gender Femoral Component
- Zimmer NexGen Complete Knee Solution LPS Femoral Component
- Zimmer NexGen Complete Knee Solution MIS Tibial Components
- Zimmer NexGen CR-Flex Knee Replacement
- Zimmer NexGen CR-Flex Porous Femoral Component
Call For a FREE Consultation to Talk About the Facts of Your Case
If you or a loved one has a Zimmer NexGen Knee replacement, you could be entitled to compensation. Call the Strom Law Firm for a FREE consultation to see if we can help you. 803.252.4800.