Brain Injury Attorney in Camden, SC
Contact an experienced Camden Brain Injury Attorney at the Strom Law Firm to protect your rights and obtain the compensation you deserve.
Highways 97, 34, and Interstate 601 are well-traveled areas in Camden where fender benders, hit and runs, and fatalities have become all too common. Such accidents can cause Traumatic Brain Injuries. Brain injuries can be the result of an accident, defective product, or a fall.
A brain injury can occur even without hitting one’s head or losing consciousness. The injured person may not even notice the effects of a brain injury for several months after the accident. The seriousness of brain injury ranges from mild to severe. Due to the complexities of the human brain, every injury is unique and can affect the entire body and mind from memory to controlling one’s emotions.
Types of Camden Brain Injury Treatment
Every brain injury is unique. For many victims, the treatment of a brain injury is a complex process of various forms of rehabilitation. The Brain Injury Association of America recommends several treatment paths for patients who have suffered a traumatic brain injury:
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit) – A patient’s ICU goals include reaching medical stability and preventing medical disaster.
- Acute Rehabilitation – Working with a brain injury victim to regain as many activities of daily living as possible.
- Post-acute Rehabilitation –The goal of post-acute rehabilitation is to help the patient regain the most independent level of functioning possible. This can be a more intensive physical activity.
- Outpatient Therapy – Often occurring after acute and/or post-acute rehabilitation, a brain injury sufferer often continues to receive outpatient treatments and therapies to continue along and heighten their recovery from their injuries.
- In-Home Care – Often, victims who suffer a brain injury will require extensive at-home care. Sometimes, this helps them re-learn basic tasks, other times it requires assistance to perform seemingly menial tasks.
Not sure where to start? Contact a Camden brain injury attorney who cares. Call 803-252-4800 for your free, no-obligation consultation.
Contact a Camden Brain Injury Attorney
Brain injury effects are often traumatic and life-long, resulting in both temporary or permanent injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in Camden County, or anywhere else across South Carolina, contact us. We offer free case evaluations, and we do not collect a fee unless we recover for you. Contact an experienced Camden Brain Injury Attorney at Strom Law Firm in Columbia at (803) 252-4800 and find out if we can help you.