Car Accident Attorneys in Columbia, SC
If you or a family member was injured in an automobile crash, you may be seeking the services of a personal injury attorney that has experience litigating and settling car accident cases. You’ve come to the right place! The Columbia car accident lawyers at the Strom Law Firm LLC are successful in resolving auto accident cases across South Carolina—for maximum value.
From the time a crash occurs, our office works to secure the evidence necessary to provide you with the best financial recovery that the law allows. We appreciate the impact an auto accident has on your physical, emotional, and financial health. When you retain our law office, you can be assured that your case is getting handled by an experienced auto accident lawyer who has your interests first and foremost.
Over the past decade, Strom Law Firm LLC has recovered over $2 Billion on behalf of clients, including people injured in automobile accidents.
Columbia Car Accident Lawyers who Know the Law & True Value of Your Case
Many attorneys market themselves as ‘experts’ in handling auto accident claims. South Carolina does not designate areas of expertise for attorneys, but we believe that the consistent results achieved by car auto accident attorneys as Strom Law Firm make our office the attorneys best positioned to represent you or a family member after a serious crash.
Cars are a uniquely ordinary fixture of life in Columbia, SC. As such, driving automobiles can easily be taken for granted. The sudden impact of a car accident can be devastating and shocking to unexpected drivers. Most importantly, the effect often remains well past the time of impact. Columbia car wreck victims often face medical hurdles and obstacles for months and years beyond the accident.
Immediately Obtain Medical Attention
If you are unfortunately involved in a car crash, first things first, seek immediate medical attention. Although you may not initially believe that you are injured, some injuries are not obvious, even to those who are injured. Many will take days or even weeks to fully develop, and it’s completely necessary to be treated as early as possible to protect your health. Moreover, it is important to be treated early, because such treatment ensures that medical records are kept to document your injury, which will be very important if you are later forced to file a personal injury claim.
Seemingly minor injuries can suddenly take a serious turn for the worse, and in some situations, become deadly:
- Internal bleeding – Internal bleeding is a life-threatening consequence of trauma. The condition can arise with most organs or blood vessels in the human body. Car crashes and other accidents often involve blunt force trauma, when your body collides with another object at high speed. The most common causes of internal bleeding are:
- Traumatic Head Injury
- Liver and spleen damage
- Injuries near the lungs and heart
Signs of internal bleeding will vary, depending on the injury’s severity and location, but some symptoms to keep an eye on include:
- Abdominal Pain
- Deep Purple Color to Skin
- Talk and Die Syndrome – If you or a loved one experiences trauma to the head during a car accident, there may not always be immediately obvious signs of injury or pain. You could be suffering from a condition known colloquially as “Talk and Die Syndrome.” You or your loved one may seem fully lucid and able to functionally walk and talk, all while internally suffering from an epidural hemorrhage. Victims, unaware of a fractured skull or bleeding and swelling, might attempt to carry on with regular activities. Some symptoms might later include nausea, a severe headache, and sudden sleepiness.
- “Talk and Die Syndrome” could be fatal, so if you or a passenger suffered a blow to the head during a car accident, seek medical attention even if you feel perfectly fine. Advise medical professionals that you struck your head and it may be injured. It is of the utmost importance that such conditions are treated immediately before the condition deteriorates.
After you have been in an auto accident, never decline medical attention. You may be able to walk and talk, but the chance for internal non-obvious injuries is too high to risk your life.
Preserve Your Rights
After being in a car accident, you should take several steps to preserve your rights. After receiving medical care, assist law enforcement with their accident report. It is important to document all of the details of your accident for potential future litigation.
Never speak with the driver of the other vehicle. You cannot know what they will say or what they might choose to hear. They may be posturing for a future legal claim. When motives are not known, it is important to avoid conversation.
Most insurance companies will attempt to speak with you in an effort to settle your claim against the other driver. Do not speak with these companies. You should always have your case reviewed by an auto accident lawyer before settling too quickly. Many insurance companies will attempt to take advantage of accident victims in frantic and confused states of mind.
Our clients are the top priority at Strom Law Firm. We understand the complex difficulties of suffering from car accident injuries, and the wide array of physical and financial consequences that accompany such an accident. We commit to fighting for you to get the damages to which you are entitled.
Columbia Car Accident Lawyers
Automobile accidents can happen at any place at any time. Cases of distracted driving are increasing, and too many drivers drive under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Many drivers are simply reckless. Depending on the severity of your injuries, car accident expenses can be astronomically high. Nobody should be forced to spend their own money on recovery resulting from another’s negligence. Take control and take action against the responsible driver.
If you have been injured in a car crash in Columbia, Richland County, or anywhere else across South Carolina, contact us online. We offer free case evaluations and we do not collect a fee unless we recover for you. Contact our team of experienced Columbia car accident lawyers by calling 803-252-4800 and find out if we are able to help you.