Federal and State drug crime charges in South Carolina carry some of the stiffest penalties in the nation. If you are convicted of any drug crime, a second drug charge regardless of the charge, may result in mandatory prison time in both Federal and State Court. Give us a call for a free consultation. We handle the following cases:
- Drug Possession,
- Drug Trafficking,
- Possession of Drug Chemicals and Equipment,
- Drug Manufacturing Charges, and
- Money Laundering
Drug Crimes: What You Need to Know
Drug cases in particular need to be examined from every angle. In many cases, drug crimes are subject to mandatory minimum sentences. Aggressive representation can protect your future. Defendants facing drug penalties in South Carolina can be punished with a monetary fine and mandatory minimum sentences of up to life in prison with no chance of parole.
Drug crime sentencing depends on several factors including:
• the amount of drugs involved,
• whether the case is brought in state or federal district court, and
• how many prior drug offenses a defendant has.
Drug Crimes Often Have Lasting Consequences
A conviction or bond forfeiture even for a simple possession conviction creates a criminal record and requires automatic suspension of your driver’s license. Other consequences include, but are not limited to:
- Forfeiture of assets,
- Loss of business or professional licenses, and
- Loss of your right to possess a firearm,
- Loss of job and educational opportunities, and
- Loss of military opportunities,
Call Today for a Consultation With Our Drug Crime Lawyers
The Drug Crime Lawyers at Strom Law Firm, LLC will aggressively defend your case whether you are under investigation or have been arrested for drugs in all Federal and State Courts in South Carolina as well as the Federal Courts in Georgia.