Car accidents are unfortunately common, but if you have suffered an injury, financial loss, or other impacts due to the fault or negligence of another driver, a reputable South Carolina personal injury lawyer can pursue the matter to a successful resolution.
In many collisions, initial injuries are not immediately apparent, and issues such as whiplash and concussion can develop at a later stage, impacting your ability to work and causing lost earnings and other financial pressures. Hiring a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible provides the assurance that a legal professional is on your side and will represent your interests or advise you on the compensation you may be entitled to.
How Can a Car Accident Attorney Help?
Even minor collisions can lead to legal claims by either party or other individuals affected by the accident, such as property owners whose land or home have been damaged. Contacting an attorney, alongside reporting incidents to the police, is essential to protect your right to file future claims or follow up should the other driver fail to fulfill their obligations.
Some of the typical situations which could be avoided by hiring an experienced attorney include:
- Discovering that the at-fault driver has provided false contact information or failed to file the details of the crash with their insurance provider.
- Receiving an inappropriately low settlement from the insurer without the knowledge or evidence to counterclaim or negotiate a more reasonable value.
- Accepting low compensation without realizing the guilty party may be liable for lost income, long-term medical treatments, and other related expenditures.
- Experiencing pain or injury sometime afterward, with issues such as head trauma, invisible fractures, and back pain often taking a few days to appear.
- Finding that the other driver has falsely filed a claim against you while you do not have evidence or a police report with the details of the incident to defend your position.
If you are unsure how to find best personal injury lawyer in South Carolina, our advice is to book an obligation-free case assessment with our friendly, expert team to help evaluate the optimal way forward.
Car Accident Insurance Negotiation
Car accident insurance negotiation is a pivotal phase in the aftermath of a collision, and having a skilled personal injury lawyer by your side is essential for navigating this complex process. Your attorney becomes your advocate in dealing with insurance providers, ensuring that you are not unfairly pressured into accepting low settlement offers.
During the negotiation, they leverage their expertise to counter any attempts by the insurance company to undervalue your claim. This involves presenting a strong, evidence-backed case that highlights the extent of your injuries, medical expenses, lost earnings, and other damages.
Strom Law excels in the art of car accident insurance negotiation, tirelessly working to secure a fair and just compensation that comprehensively addresses your needs. Our commitment extends beyond mere acceptance of offers, aiming for settlements that truly reflect the full impact of the accident on your life.
What Services Do Personal Injury Lawyers Offer After a Car Accident?
Specific services will depend on the nature of the accident, who was at fault, and the severity of the ramifications. One of the first things your attorney will do is collate all the evidence and documentation relevant to the crash, including reports filed by the police and other emergency services, witnesses, and the police.
Next, a personal injury lawyer will work through the situation carefully to assess the real-world value of the damages caused. This can incorporate varied aspects, including therapies and treatments related to anxiety and trauma.
Many car accident claims are settled without necessitating a formal court hearing, but having a qualified lawyer negotiating on your behalf provides the assurance that any low offers will be rejected and your legal team will uphold your right to fair compensation. However, should a personal injury claim go to trial, usually because the insurance provider of the at-fault driver refuses to offer reasonable compensation, your attorney will already be well-versed in your case and can ensure all necessary procedures are followed in order to present a strong, evidence-backed case to the court.
How Much Compensation Can I Claim Following a Vehicular Accident?
The calculation process is comprehensive and covers all of the potential costs you may be able to include within your compensation claim. Examples include:
- Both current medical costs and future treatment costs covering the scope of recovery and rehabilitation
- Lost earnings and ongoing changes to your earning capacity when any injuries impact your ability to return to your previous employment
- Pain and suffering, including emotional distress and other conditions linked with trauma
- Disability compensation to recognize changes in your physical well-being, including modifications to your vehicle and home in light of injuries that have affected your mobility, sight, or other senses
Those filing claims independently often assume they can claim solely for the cost of repairs to their vehicle or property, but a personal injury lawyer from Strom Law will ensure you have a full understanding of all necessary inclusions to secure an acceptable settlement.