Columbia DUI Lawyers
Our Columbia DUI lawyers want you to know that in South Carolina, it is not illegal to have a drink of alcohol and drive. However, the best DUI attorneys agree that according to state DUI criminal law, it is illegal to operate a vehicle if the person’s faculties to drive are materially and appreciably impaired. Because a DUI conviction can have lasting implications to your private and professional life, it is important to involve our DUI defense lawyers early on and protect your rights.
Need a DUI Defense Lawyer? 803-252-4800
The Strom Law Firm, L.L.C. Experienced Columbia DUI Lawyers handle the following types of DUI charges:
- DUI first, second, third and subsequent
- Felony DUI
- Boating under the influence
- DUI – under age drinking: under 21
- Military base DUI
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
The Strom Law Firm can thoroughly evaluate and challenge your DUI arrest. Immediately after you hire us, we will begin preparing your DUI Defense.
Pleading guilty to a DUI charge without the advice of a DUI lawyer can have lasting personal and professional consequences including:
- Loss of your ability to maintain your current employment or to obtain future employment,
- the expense of SR-22 insurance,
- possible prison time,
- hefty fines (which can double when you add court costs), &
- the loss of your license.
In preparing for the defense, your DUI lawyer will need to review the following:
- Your DUI attorney will determine if the police officer’s video camera recording as soon as the officer turns the blue lights on?
- Prior to administering the breath test, was the DUI implied consent notice read, which states the consequences of a refusal to submit to a blood test, urine test, or breath test? Your DUI Lawyer should consider challenging breath tests.
- Were field sobriety tests (FSTs) properly administered? Inaccuracies with FSTs are widespread and commonly challenged. Your DUI layer should know the ends and outs of challenging field sobriety tests.
- A good DUI attorney will be prepared to cross exam the officer to determine if he had a legitimate reason, known as reasonable suspicion, to pull you over for DUI in the first place?
- Did the officer read you your Miranda rights is the first question that an experienced DUI Lawyer should ask you.
Your Punishment for DUI is based upon:
- Is your charge a DUI first , second DUI, third DUI, or subsequent offense?;
- What is your DUI blood alcohol level (the higher your BAC, the stiffer the penalties)?;
- After your DUI arrest, did you agree to or refuse to take a chemical test, such as a breath test?;
- Was there a minor child in your vehicle when you were charges with DUI?; and
- Was anyone was injured or killed as a result of your DUI.
Frequently asked Questions for a DUI Lawyer:
- Asked an experienced DUI Lawyer if your DUI lawyer for first offense?
- How much does a DUI cost?
Call Today for a Free DUI Consultation with an Experienced DUI Lawyer
A DUI conviction can alter the rest of your life, impacting potential, future employment, insurance rates, and your reputation among your peers. A DUI charge is a serious offense which requires a strategic, aggressive, well-planned criminal defense. It is imperative that you do not wait until you have jeopardized your rights to contact a Columbia DUI attorney. We know the DUI law. Let us put our experienced DUI Lawyers to work for you. 803.252.4800
Our Columbia DUI attorneys offer evening and weekend appointments by request only. We accept all major credit cards.