It is a terrible thought. When it happened the victim said he poured the fizzy drink into a styrofoam cup and to his shock out came a tiny mouse. Could you drink a mouse without even knowing it?
Pepsi told Ronald Ball, from Illinois, he would never have known the mouse had been in his can of soda – because it would have dissolved into jelly.
Mr. Ball is suing Pepsi, claiming the Mountain Dew he drank made him violently ill.
Ball filed papers saying he bought a can of the Pepsi-made soft drink from a vending machine at work two years ago.
He claims when he called a telephone number on the can to complain to the company, they sent an adjuster to retrieve the mouse.
Mr. Ball claims Pepsi would not return the mouse until it had decomposed, precluding any additional testing.
Since then, a lawsuit was filed; in response Pepsi filed a motion to dismiss. According to court documents, Pepsi’s expert says the mouse would have become a ‘jelly like’ substance long before Mr. Ball ever opened it.
A second amended complaint was then filed on November 21.
Documents state the case was continued by Madison County Circuit Judge Dennis Ruth, who granted the defendant 28 days to answer or otherwise plead the plaintiff’s second amended complaint.
Mr. Ball is seeking damages in excess of $50,000.
By: South Carolina Criminal Defense Lawyer Pete Strom