Many of you probably went shopping at Wal-Mart over the holidays for clothing. Imagine stumbling upon a syringe in a pair of pants while shopping. Sounds crazy, right? Recently one Wal-Mart store in Cartersville, Georgia had just that happen, not once, but fifteen times.
The story was first reported by a woman on Friday December, 30 after finding a syringe in pair of slippers her daughter bought. No one was injured in this discovery. According to the Associated Press, Dianna Gee, spokeswoman for Wal-Mart Stores Inc., said the company believes the incidences are isolated only to the Cartersville store.
With more and more people coming forward with new cases, frustration at the Cartersville store seems to mount as a suspect has yet to be caught, according to Wsbtv.com.
Among reports of syringe findings, last month a mother says her daughter was pierced by a syringe when putting on a new pair of pajamas. Another syringe was found after a shopper bought a pair of pants on Black Friday. Other pairs of pants and trousers were found with syringes. One woman was pricked when reaching inside a boxed bra to make sure it was the right size.
According to WXIA, Patricia Headrick fears she may have contracted HIV because of the syringe. She has undergone $1,300 in treatments to avoid the illness. Wal-Mart has said they will cover her expenses. The syringes have been sent for further tests. Currently, shoppers at the Cartersville, Georgia Wal-Mart are asked to be extra cautious when shopping. Headricks said, “I’m shocked that someone can do this to someone. It’s mean. I don’t understand why someone would do this”.
Wal-Mart is currently reviewing surveillance footage to try to put an end to this scare.
By: Pete Strom, South Carolina Criminal Defense Lawyer