3.5 Million New Skin Cancer Cases Every Year
Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer, affecting more than two million people each year, according to the Skin Cancer Foundation. Early detection and treatment are extremely important. It is also vital be aware of moles and other marks on your skin. The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends people see a dermatologist once a year for a skin exam.
Protection from sun exposure is important all year round, not just during the summer or at the beach to help prevent skin cancer.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommends six easy options for sun protection.
• Seek shade, especially during midday hours.
• Wear clothing to protect exposed skin.
• Wear a hat with a wide brim to shade the face, head, ears, and neck.
• Wear sunglasses that wrap around and block as close to 100% of both UVA and UVB rays as possible.
• Use sunscreen with sun protective factor (SPF) 15 or higher, and both UVA and UVB protection.
If you need legal advice, we recommend that you seek the advice of a licensed attorney. If you have any questions about this blog and/or need to talk with an attorney, contact us today for a free, no cost consultation to discuss your legal rights. 803.252.4800. At Strom Law Firm, LLC, our South Carolina personal injury and criminal defense attorneys provide comprehensive legal services designed to protect your rights and your interests. Our lawyers are licensed in South Carolina, New York, and Georgia.
Credit: The Skin Cancer Foundation
Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-204_162-10006772.html#ixzz1PMPkKDKP