Brain Injury Attorney in Newberry, SC
If you have been injured in an accident, our Newberry Brain Injury Attorneys offer free evaluations & do not collect a fee unless we recover for you.
Brain Injuries cause severe symptoms to even the most healthy people. Brain injuries can be the result of an accident, defective product, or a fall. The best brain injury lawyers agree that a brain injury can occur even without loss of consciousness or a blow to the head. Additionally, the injured person may not even notice the effects of a brain injury for several months after the accident. The symptoms of brain injury range from mild to severe. Due to the complexities of the human brain, these injuries can affect the entire body and mind from memory to controlling one’s emotions.
Types of Newberry Brain Injury Treatment
All brain injuries are unique. For many victims, the treatment of a brain injury is a long and complex process involving various forms of rehabilitation. The Brain Injury Association of America recommends several treatment paths for patients who have suffered a traumatic brain injury:
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit) – A patient’s ICU goals include reaching medical stability and preventing medical disaster.
- Acute Rehabilitation – Working with a brain injury victim to regain as many activities of daily living as possible.
- Post-acute Rehabilitation –The goal of post-acute rehabilitation is to help the patient regain the most independent level of functioning possible. This can be a more intensive physical activity.
- Outpatient Therapy – Often occurring after acute and/or post-acute rehabilitation, a brain injury sufferer often continues to receive outpatient treatments and therapies to continue along and heighten their recovery from their injuries.
- In-Home Care – Often, victims who suffer a brain injury will require extensive at-home care. Sometimes, this helps them re-learn basic tasks, other times it requires assistance to perform seemingly menial tasks.
Contact a Newberry Brain Injury Attorney
Brain injury effects are often traumatic and life-long, resulting in both temporary and permanent injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in Newberry County, or anywhere else across South Carolina, contact us. We offer free case evaluations, and we never collect a fee unless we recover for you. Contact the experienced Newberry Brain Injury Attorney at Strom Law Firm in Columbia at: (803) 252-4800 and find out how we might be able to help you. We are located in Barrister Hall 6923 N. Trenholm Rd, Columbia SC 29206-1707