Burn Injury Lawyers in Newberry, SC
If you have been burned in an accident, our Newberry Burn Injury Lawyers offer free evaluations & do not collect a fee unless we recover for you.
Types of Newberry Burn injuries
Burn injuries result from many different accidents and incidents. Steam, matches, boiling water, electrical appliances, and chemicals are all examples of the more likely things to cause a burn injury. Newberry, South Carolina burn victims may also suffer from these catastrophic injuries caused by:
- Steam and hot liquid
- Electrical burns, from outlets or lightning strike
- Truck Accident
- Bus Accident
- Construction Accident
- Grabbing heated objects, such as hair straighteners or griddles
- Playing with matches
- Kitchen incidents
- Chemical burns, often from cleaning products
- Car Accident
The severity of Newberry Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can be categorized into four primary degrees:
- First-degree burn: Affecting the outer layer of skin, known as the epidermis. A first-degree burn is often red in color and moist. A first-degree burn is generally better within about a week or so.
- Superficial second-degree burns: breaches the epidermal layer of skin and reaches to the next layer, called the dermis. A second-degree burn may appear pink in color. A “superficial second-degree burn” generally heals on its own, usually within two weeks.
- Second-degree burns: These are different from the above-described burns. The tissue damage goes deeper into the layer of skin known as the dermis. Second-degree burns like this will be of white color and dry. These can take three or four weeks to get better.
- Third-degree burns: Everyone has heard of a third-degree burn. These are the highest severity of classification for a burn. A third-degree burn happens when the epidermal (outermost layer) and the dermal layers of skin are both destroyed by the burn, and the damage extends subcutaneously. Third-degree burns will have significant texture to them, will be charred, and many times have a leather-ish appearance. Third-degree burns are incredibly serious, and many times will result in skin grafting or additional reconstructive techniques.
Newberry Burn Injury Lawyers
A lawsuit may be needed to recover compensation for a victim’s damages if they suffer a burn injury caused by defective equipment, unsafe work conditions, or a child being left unsupervised with a dangerous product. While some burns may not seem as serious as others, burns of any severity should be taken seriously. Even the smallest scar from a burn can last a lifetime and affect the victim. These effects can include perpetual sensations of intense pain. Burn damage can also cause a victim to suffer from injuries that are not visible by them or others. This includes, but is not limited to, things like mental anguish and distress. The law exists to make burn victims and other victims as close as possible to being whole again.
If you suffered burns in an accident or any other way in Newberry, Newberry County, or anywhere else across South Carolina, visit our webpage. Our Newberry burn injury lawyers offer free case evaluations, and we do not collect a fee unless we recover for you. Contact the experienced legal team at Strom Law Firm at 803-252-4800 or visit our webpage. Our firm looks forward to hearing how we may be able to help you best. We are located in Barrister Hall 6923 N. Trenholm Rd, Columbia SC 29206-1707