Brain Injury Attorney in South Carolina
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury, let one of the South Carolina Brain Injury Attorney at the Strom Law Firm help get you the compensation you deserve.
Brain injuries can occur as a result of an accident, defective product, or fall. A brain injury can even happen without hitting one’s head or losing consciousness. Moreover, the injured person may not notice the effects of a brain injury for several months after the accident.
The seriousness of brain injuries can range from mild to severe. And due to the complexities of the human brain, they can affect the entire body and mind from memory to coordination to controlling one’s emotions.
Types of South Carolina Brain Injury Treatment
Every brain injury is unique. For many brain injury victims, the treatment of a brain injury is a complex process of various forms of rehabilitation. The Brain Injury Association of America recommends several treatment paths for patients who have suffered a traumatic brain injury:
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit) – A patient’s ICU goals include reaching medical stability and preventing medical disaster.
- Acute Rehabilitation – Working with a brain injury victim to regain as many activities of daily living as possible.
- Post-acute Rehabilitation –The goal of postacute rehabilitation is to help the patient regain the most independent level of functioning possible. This can be a more intensive physical activity.
- Outpatient Therapy – Often occurring after acute and/or post-acute rehabilitation, a brain injury sufferer often continues to receive outpatient treatments and therapies to continue along and heighten their recovery from their injuries.
- In-Home Care – Often, victims who suffer a brain injury will require extensive at-home care. Sometimes, this helps them re-learn basic tasks, other times it requires assistance to perform seemingly menial tasks.
Contact a South Carolina Brain Injury Attorney at the Strom Law Firm
Brain injury effects are often traumatic and life-long, resulting in both temporary and permanent injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in South Carolina, contact us. We offer free case evaluations and we do not collect a fee unless we recover for you.
Call the experienced legal team at Strom Law Firm in Columbia today at (803) 252-4800 to find out if we can help you.