Sexual Abuse Lawyers South Carolina
Have you been victimized by sexual abuse? Do you suspect a loved one has been the victim of sexual abuse? If so, contact a South Carolina Sexual Abuse Lawyer now for a complimentary case consultation. It is important for you or your loved one to realize that there are choices available to the victims of such heinous and unimaginable crimes.
Sexual abuse is a very broad term that may be used to describe offensive and unwanted behavior such as conversations that may be portrayed as “locker room talk” but may also be used to describe the most atrocious and inconceivable sexual assaults. All sexual abuse carries with it physical and emotional consequences for the perpetrator’s victims. These effects will often stay with the victim throughout their entire life. We understand victimization.
Common Forms of Sexual Abuse
Sadly, there are many different acts of sexual abuse committed by people every day. Some common types are listed below:
- Child Molestation and Sexual Abuse
- Children should be protected by adults. While inconceivable, disturbingly, there are adults in society who sexually and violently prey on the most vulnerable of us.
- Sexual Harassment
- Harassment can be verbal, written, via the internet, or through other forms of communication.
- Rape and Attempted Rape
- Groping is far too common in society. Such behavior can cause significant anguish to victims and should not be taken lightly
- Domestic Violence and Marital Rape
- If you are married, non-consensual sex is still rape.
- Date Rape
- While generally thought of as a crime that only happens on college campuses, date rape can be committed anywhere.
- Elder Sexual Abuse
- Unfortunately, those with access to vulnerable elderly adults sometimes prey upon them, even in a sexual manner.
How Can You Make A Sexual Abuser Pay For What They Have Done?
Far too often, cases of sexual abuse go unreported, leaving the abusers free to harm somebody else. While facing the realities of reporting such an attack can be daunting, scary, and downright difficult, assailants need to be held accountable whenever possible. Retaining a skilled and compassionate Sexual Abuse lawyer can help you navigate the frightening situation that has been thrust upon you. Along with supporting you through these difficult times, our attorneys will pursue compensation from you attacker for the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages and income
- Permanent or temporary physical and/or mental disability
- Medical bills, including those incurred for mental health services
- Punitive damages, awarded to victims as punishment of the perpetrator
Navigating the circumstances following a sexual attack can be intimidating, but having legal counsel by your side can make it a little bit easier. Furthermore, filing a lawsuit initiates a complex and sometimes drawn-out process, for which an attorney’s counsel and guidance will help. At Strom Law Firm, we have experience guiding clients through a wide variety of complex legal situations, including sexual abuse and assault cases. Our attorneys are understanding, compassionate, and empathetic to your struggle.
Sexual Abuse Stats
Sexual abuse victims come from every demographic, regardless of sex, age, race, or economic standing. Unfortunately, it is widely believed that the majority of sexual abuse cases are never reported, but it is commonly estimated that 8 to 20 percent of America’s population has been abused or molested, in some way, at some point in their lives.
Around 70 percent of reported abuse cases involve children under 17 years of age.
Unfortunately, sexual predators use everyday activities as opportunities to commit sexual abuse and violence. Far too often, sexual predatory behavior occurs in locations where we, as parents, believe our children are safe. Some more common places of attack include:
- After-school Programs
- Sports Teams
- Dance Classes
- Foster Homes and Children’s Homes
- Hospitals and Doctors’ Offices
- Care Facilities
Contact A South Carolina Sexual Abuse Lawyer Today
If you or your loved one have been victimized by sexual abuse or sexual assault, the skilled and compassionate attorneys at Strom Law Firm are here to help. We are experienced in representing victims of sexual abuse and other sex crimes, and we are available to help guide you through this difficult time. A South Carolina sexual abuse lawyer is ready to meet with you in person at your convenience. You can also contact us online or by phone at 803-252-4800 to schedule a time to talk with a member of our team.