Alexa

Hospital-Acquired Infections of Superbug in NC Related to UCLA

Hospital-Acquired Infection of Superbug in UCLA Found on Devices in NC The superbug CRE – carbapenem-resistent Enterobacteriaceae – has been found to be the cause of several hospital-acquired infections in North Carolina, just days after a reported outbreak of the superbug in Los Angeles. According to Kevin McCarthy, a spokesman for the Carolinas … [Read more...]

Hospital Error Causes Superbug to Infect Former Patients

Superbug Acquired at Seattle Hospital Causes Superbug to Maim, Kill Former Patients in Hospital Error Due to hospital error, a drug-resistant superbug spread rapidly through a Seattle, Washington hospital and infected 32 former patients, 11 of whom died from the infection. Between 2012 and 2014, hospital error around cleaning practices at … [Read more...]

Man Files Medical Malpractice Lawsuit for Botched Gastric Sleeve Surgery

Gastric Sleeve Surgery Fails, Leading to Amputation and Medical Malpractice Lawsuit One year ago, a man went into the hospital for gastric sleeve surgery, but an error during the surgery led to him having both legs amputated above the knee. Now, he has filed a negligence and medical malpractice lawsuit. Carlos Saucedo, 32, seeks $10 million in … [Read more...]

Greenville Health Systems Faces Medical Malpractice Lawsuit for Infections

Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Filed Against Greenville Health Systems At least four people died after surgery at Greenville Health Systems hospitals in South Carolina, and allegations came to light over the summer. Now, a family has filed a medical malpractice lawsuit against the hospital chain. According to officials, at least 15 patients were … [Read more...]

Rare Hospital Infection Kills 4th Patient

Fourth Greenville Health System Patient with Rare Hospital Acquired Infection Dies In June, the Greenville Health System announced that patients who had undergone surgery at some of their locations, including Greenville Memorial Hospital, could possibly have acquired a rare hospital infection from unclean surgical equipment. So far, 15 people have … [Read more...]

BestLawyers.comAVBetter Business Bureau