South Carolina Barber and Cosmetology Professional License Defense Attorneys
Whether you are a recent graduate, or a seasoned professional, as a licensed barber or cosmetologist, you have made a significant investment in your future and worked hard to develop your skills.
In South Carolina, operating as cosmetologist is regulated by the State Board of Cosmetology. If you possess a license as a registered barber, you are subject to regulation by the State Board of Barber Examiners. If you are under investigation with the South Carolina Board of Cosmetology, you need a Cosmetology license defense attorney.
If you are thinking about going out on your own to start a new school, seeking to be licensed as an instructor, or simply concerned about whether your initial request for a license or request for licensure by reciprocity will be granted, we can work on your behalf to help you prepare to go before the South Carolina Cosmetology Boards as well as the South Carolina Board of Barber Examiners.
We also accept cases defending a charge and/or complaint asserted against you or your business.
If you are accused of:
- failing to comply with Rules and/or regulations governing the practice
- supervising an unlicensed employee;
- failing an inspection;
- having inadequate documentation/proper documentation needed to effect a transfer of your license by reciprocity;
- misrepresentation in your practice;
- abuse of alcohol, drugs, or a crime of moral terpitude
- failing to display the required salon or school license; or
- practicing cosmetology outside of a licensed salon such as in a client’s home;
- practicing without a license/failure to timely renew your license;
- engaging in illegal or unlawful behavior;
- failing to pay child support; or even
- disregarding applicable sanitation rules
you may be subject to disciplinary action, including a public reprimand, a fine, probation, suspension, or even revocation of your license.
Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss the facts of your case.
What Should I do if I am contacted by the South Carolina Board of Cosmetology or Board of Barber Examiners?
Don’t wait until it’s too late. If you are contacted by an LLR investigator, you should contact the South Carolina professional licensing defense attorneys at the Strom Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation to discuss your legal rights. Even a public reprimand can cause severe professional damage including the loss of clients as well as existing and future job opportunities. 803.252.4800.