South Carolina Chiropractor License Defense Attorneys
Our Chiropractor License Defense Lawyers at the Strom Law Firm is dedicated to representing South Carolina Chiropractor licensees in cases involving allegations of misconduct before the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation (“LLR”).
Defending your South Carolina Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine License
As the holder of a South Carolina Chiropractic license, you have made a huge investment to develop unique skills necessary to serve the health needs of your patients and practice as a Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine.
Securing and defending your license as a chiropractor is vital to your ability to practice your profession in South Carolina.
The practice of Chiropractic medicine is controlled by South Carolina statutes and regulations.
A Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine licensed in South Carolina may be subject to discipline and/or denied a South Carolina Chiropractor license if he/she is accused of engaging unprofessional, unethical or illegal conduct to include, but not be limited to:
- practicing outside of the scope of Chiropractic medicine;
- fraud or deceit in an application for license or while taking an examination;
- making misleading, deceptive, untrue or fraudulent representations or communications in the practice of chiropractic medicine;
- unprofessional conduct, gross incompetence, negligence or misconduct in the practice of chiropractic medicine;
- disobeying a rule or order issued by the Board;
- practicing with a suspended or lapsed license;
- pleading guilty to a crime and/or receiving a criminal conviction;
- having a license to practice chiropractic medicine suspended, revoked or refused or receiving disciplinary actions by another Chiropractic board;
- practicing under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- knowingly aiding, assisting, procuring or advising any unlicensed person to practice chiropractic medicine;
- immoral or unprofessional conduct;
- submitting a false claim for reimbursement;
- engaging in dishonorable, unethical or unprofessional conduct likely to deceive or harm the public; and
- being deemed mentally incompetent.
Responding to a South Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners Complaint Against your Chiropractor License
Whether made by a patient, employee, or another dental professional, a complaint made to the South Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners will prompt an investigation.
If a complaint is filed against your South Carolina Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine license, you can expect to receive a call from a South Carolina Labor, Licensing, and Regulation (LLR) investigator. Any information obtained during the course of the investigation may be used against you.
Even if the investigator tells you that he or she simply wants to hear your side of the story so that he/she can close the case, it is absolutely critical that you speak with a South Carolina professional license defense attorney before agreeing to speak with the investigator. Remember, the investigator works for LLR, and is not necessarily looking out for your best interest.
Don’t risk your professional livelihood. If your chiropractic license is under investigation, you need a chiropractic license defense attorney. When contacted by an investigator concerning a misconduct matter, call one of our South Carolina Chiropractor license defense attorneys immediately. Even if you do not hire us, our Chiropractor license defense attorneys can make sure you are on the right track. Call us for a free consultation before its too late.
Our Chiropractor License Defense Lawyers Handling a Referral to RPP
If you are accused of suffering from alcohol or drug abuse, you may be referred to the Recovering Professionals Program (“RPP”) for an assessment to determine whether you need treatment and continued monitoring. RPP operates under a contract between LRADAC and LLR. It is the approved monitoring program for licensees of the South Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners. RPP is tasked with ensuring you are safe to return to practice. If you are referred for an evaluation with RPP, give us a call to discuss the facts of your case.
The Strom Law Firm offers a free consultation to anyone considering hiring private counsel to deal with their Professional License Defense issue. Fill out the contact form on the right side of our page or call 803.252.4800 to schedule a free professional license defense consultation.
Even just a public reprimand can cause severe professional damage including the loss of clients as well as existing and future job opportunities. If you are contacted by an LLR investigator in regard to a complaint against your Chiropractor license, you should contact the South Carolina Chiropractor license defense attorneys at the Strom Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation to discuss your legal rights. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Call us today. 803.252.4800.