Hiring a South Carolina Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you have been arrested and charged with a crime in South Carolina, your personal freedom and professional welfare are at stake. Choosing to ignore the situation won’t make it go away. If you’ve been charged with a crime, it’s important to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney who best suits your needs. Keep in mind, the single most important element when hiring your criminal defense lawyer is trust. It is imperative that you trust the attorney that you hire.
Our criminal defense attorneys understand what you are going through, and are happy to sit down with you face-to-face to explain that process.
Common situations requiring an experienced Federal or South Carolina State Criminal Defense Lawyer:
- Drug charges
- Domestic violence
- Traffic ticket
- Assault and battery
- Juvenile crimes
- Weapons charges
- White collar crimes
Our familiarity with prosecutorial techniques and knowledge of criminal law ensures that you will receive an aggressive, well-planned criminal defense.
If you have just been released from jail, it is important to immediately contact an experienced criminal defense attorney, especially before the next court date. The sooner this is done, the better chance you have for a successful defense.
Tips To Consider When Hiring Your Criminal Defense Attorney
To determine which attorney is best suited to defend your criminal charges, there are several factors to consider:
- The attorney-client relationship is built upon trust and you should select a criminal defense attorney that you feel comfortable with.
- Your attorney needs to know everything that happened. An attorney cannot prepare an adequate defense without knowing all of the facts related to the case. Disclosure may prevent a roadblock later in your case which could have been avoided.
- Make sure that you understand what your attorney’s “fee” covers.
- Make sure that your attorney discusses the charge(s) against you, what the prosecutor must prove or establish to find you guilty, and the potential criminal penalties for the particular crime involved.
- Ask your South Carolina criminal defense lawyer what types of cases he or she typically handles as well as whether the attorney has defended the charge you have been arrested for.
- Be leery of anyone promises or guarantees you specific results. While your attorney can give you a good idea of what to expect, what your options are, and possible outcomes, it is unethical and impossible to guarantee you a specific result.
The criminal defense lawyers at the Strom Law Firm, LLC provide an aggressive, well planned defense and will protect your procedural rights. Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss the facts of your situation and hear how we can help.