An experienced, knowledgeable South Carolina car accident lawyer is a valuable representative to have on your side, whether you’ve been involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, are concerned about claims being made against you, or are unsure how to make a claim for compensation related to injuries or damage caused to your vehicle.
The Strom Law team is highly skilled in pursuing accident-related claims, negotiating settlements to the full extent of the law, and upholding your rights to fair compensation.
While we are always available to assist, you can also verify our credentials and professionalism (and that of any lawyer you may be considering hiring, for that matter) through the South Carolina Bar Association. The state bar manages a database of all accredited lawyers and attorneys in the state.
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help After a Crash?
We’re often asked when to call a lawyer after a car accident, and our advice is to get in touch as quickly as possible because the trauma and upset of a collision can extend well beyond the incident.
Crashes and accidents can result in considerable financial impacts, including:
- Medical costs and therapies associated with serious injuries
- Lost income due to time away from work or time necessary to recuperate
- Damage to your vehicle, reliance on public transportation, or an inability to work
Many clients experience hardships that affect their family members, particularly if an injury resulting from a crash impacts their confidence in driving or when the vehicle was badly damaged.
Negotiating with insurance companies can add to the stress linked to a vehicle collision since their objective is to settle for the lowest possible figure, regardless of the actual stress, damage, or financial cost of the incident.
Hiring a lawyer who specializes in car accidents means that an accomplished professional takes over the investigation, claim process, and negotiations. This ensures you receive the right level of compensation, including all ancillary costs suffered as a result.
Selecting the Right Car Accident Lawyer for Your Case
It is essential your lawyer is trustworthy, experienced, and able to offer the level of professional advice, support, and help you need after a car accident.
Capable lawyers do not just represent your rights but can navigate the process of calculating the full extent of your losses and presenting a robust claim to the insurance companies involved.
Our recommendations are to:
- Prioritize a personal injury lawyer with specific expertise in car accident claims. General personal injury attorneys may not have the expertise to facilitate an expedited outcome or may not be familiar with the auto insurance negotiation process.
- Ask about your lawyer’s ability to represent you in court if the case progresses to a lawsuit rather than solely relying on just their ability to negotiate out-of-court settlements.
Albeit unlikely, if your settlement case does progress to court, it’s best to have a lawyer by your side who is accustomed to the tactics deployed by auto insurers. This will give you confidence that your interests are being well represented in court and that you have the best opportunity to achieve a favorable resolution.
Questions to Ask a Car Accident Lawyer
A reputable law firm will happily invite you to a consultation either in their offices or over the phone. Consultations give you the chance to ask as many questions as you wish, although a complimentary consultation is not formal legal advice.
Some of the questions you might ask are:
- “Do I have a viable case?” Car accident lawyers will understand the intricacies of the law and can provide a preliminary opinion on your prospects.
- “How many claims have you successfully concluded?” A reliable lawyer will be able to estimate the number of auto collision victims they have represented.
- “What resources do you have available?” Good accident lawyers can explain the investigation process, the steps to gather evidence and proof of costs incurred, and how they use those records to pursue a settlement.
While some car crash lawyers will focus solely on personal injury claims, working with an experienced legal firm with a broad range of specialties can be beneficial. Attorneys within an established firm will have a considerable wealth of experience and knowledge, as well as multiple areas of expertise.
Making a Decision
If you are deciding how to choose the right car accident lawyer, we suggest looking for a firm that uses clear, jargon-free terminology when they communicate with you—and find one who you will feel comfortable working with for the duration of your case.