Dealing With Bad Faith Disputes in Life Insurance
Losing a loved one is hard, and sometimes unscrupulous life insurance companies can make it harder. Many times following the death of a loved one, a life insurance company may act in bad faith and dispute a claim. This can increase the burden on those who have just lost a family member or loved one.
Reasons why a life insurance company may dispute a claim can include:
- Breach of contract on part of the insurance company
- Bad faith on part of the insurance company
- Disputes among beneficiaries
- Undisclosed preexisting injury
- Improper claim application
- Long-term illness or suicide
- Failing to complete a change in beneficiary according to the policy’s provisions
- Distribution of proceeds by a third party without the written consent of the surviving spouse
- Whether the policyholder was competent when the beneficiaries were designated
- Whether an accident was the true cause of death
South Carolina Business Litigation Lawyer
Dishonest Insurance companies can take anything written on the life insurance application and try to spin in another way and deny payment, even if policyholders have been paying premiums on the policy for years. Life insurance companies may also offer you less than you deserve when trying to settle the dispute. A South Carolina business litigation lawyer at the Strom Law Firm, LLC can help guide you through every aspect of a life insurance claim. We understand losing a loved one is trying time and will treat you and your life insurance claim dispute with respect. Don’t settle for the less than is rightfully yours. Contact us today for a free consultation. 803.252.4800.