Brain Injury Lawyer in St. Matthews, SC
Our St. Matthews Brain Injury Attorneys at the Strom Law Firm are familiar with litigating South Carolina personal injury cases and can often help victims recover substantially more compensation than they would be able to retain on their own, so it is highly advisable for anyone injured in an accident to discuss their options with one of our Columbia Brain Injury Attorneys.
Brain injuries can occur even without hitting one’s head or losing consciousness. They can be the result of an accident, defective product, or a fall. Sometimes, the injured person may not even notice the effects of a brain injury for several months after the accident.
The seriousness of a brain injury ranges from mild to severe. Due to the complexities of the human brain, with every injury being unique, they can affect the entire body and mind from memory to controlling one’s emotions.
Types of St. Matthews Brain Injury Treatment
For many victims, the treatment of a brain injury is a complex process consisting of various forms of rehabilitation. The Brain Injury Association of America recommends several treatment paths for patients who have suffered a traumatic brain injury:
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit) – A patient’s ICU goals include reaching medical stability and preventing medical disaster.
- Acute Rehabilitation – Working with a brain injury victim to regain as many activities of daily living as possible.
- Post-acute Rehabilitation –The goal of post-acute rehabilitation is to help the patient regain the most independent level of functioning possible. This can be a more intensive physical activity.
- Outpatient Therapy – Often occurring after acute and/or post-acute rehabilitation, a brain injury sufferer often continues to receive outpatient treatments and therapies to continue along and heighten their recovery from their injuries.
- In-Home Care – Often, victims who suffer a brain injury will require extensive at-home care. Sometimes, this helps them re-learn basic tasks; other times, it requires assistance to perform seemingly menial tasks.
Contact a St. Matthews Brain Injury Attorney
Brain injury effects can often be traumatic and life-long and result in both temporary or permanent injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in St. Matthews, or anywhere else across South Carolina, contact us. We offer free case evaluations, and we do not collect a fee unless we recover for you.
Contact the experienced legal team of St. Matthews Brain Injury Attorneys at Strom Law Firm in Columbia at (803) 252-4800 and find out if we can help you.
We are located in Barrister Hall 6923 N. Trenholm Rd, Columbia SC 29206-1707