Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in St. Matthews, SC
After a crash, an injured motorcyclist should protect their legal rights and discuss the accident with a St. Matthews motorcycle accident attorney. Strom Law Firm has represented many victims injured in motorcycle, tractor-trailer, and other traffic-related accidents. We understand motorcyclist’s risks, and we work diligently to hold negligent parties accountable. Please contact our office if you would like to discuss possible representation.
Motorcyclists enjoy riding South Carolina roads and highways yearlong in our state’s beautifully warm climate. Riding motorcycles can undoubtedly be fun and efficient, but the activity can also be dangerous. Motorcyclists in St. Matthews are exposed and vulnerable if they collide with other larger vehicles and are also susceptible to single-vehicle accidents due to the condition of the road.
Severe Injuries Occur During Motorcycle Accidents
There are many types of safety gear designed to protect motorcyclists. However, even a motorcyclist wearing maximum protective gear is never fully shielded from the possibility of a serious injury if a crash occurs. Even a helmet cannot fully protect from head trauma one hundred percent of the time.
Motorcyclists do not have the safety features of a car or truck to protect them, and instead, a car can collide directly with a motorcyclist’s body. While a motorcyclist may be completely under control, it is never possible to control other vehicles or to ensure that vehicles can accurately identify motorcycles on roadways.
The following are examples of injuries commonly resulting from motorcycle accidents:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Road Rash
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones and shattered bones
- Damage to muscles, tendons, or ligaments
- Organ damage
It is rare that a motorcyclist will not require some amount of medical care following an accident, and they often need to be transported to a hospital by ambulance. Expenses can add up quickly. Fortunately, the law provides a remedy for an injured accident victim to seek compensation from negligent, grossly negligent, or reckless parties.
Who Caused Your Motorcycle Accident?
In motorcycle cases, a liable party is often one of three types:
- Drivers– Whether they are driving while distracted, driving under the influence, failing to yield, or engaging in other negligent actions, drivers should be held accountable for causing injury to motorcyclists.
- Government entities– Government agencies maintain public roads and highways. They sometimes undertake this responsibility by engaging contractors, and they must do so in a reasonable manner. If roadwork is neglected or performed negligently, Strom Law Firm St. Matthews Motorcycle Accident Attorneys will work to hold them all accountable.
- Motorcycle manufacturers– Sometimes, manufacturers build motorcycles with defects or defective parts. If such defects are determined to be the cause of an accident, the manufacturer can be held liable.
The process of filing and litigating a motorcycle accident case will depend on the type of party from whom recovery is sought, the severity of injuries, and other factors. We understand the complex legal issues that arise in each type of personal injury case, and we want to help after your motorcycle accident.
Learn How Our St. Matthews Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Can Assist You
Motorcycle accidents can leave devastating injuries in their wake, causing untold emotional, financial, and personal devastation to families and individuals. If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash in St. Matthews, Calhoun County, or anywhere else across South Carolina, contact us. We offer free case evaluations, and we do not collect a fee unless we recover for you. Contact the experienced legal team of St. Matthews Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at Strom Law Firm in Columbia at 803-252-4800 or online and find out if we are able to help you.