Personal Injury Attorneys in St. Matthews, SC
When you or a loved one are injured by an accident, or if an accident has resulted in serious injury or wrongful death, it is important to consult one of our experienced St.Matthews Personal Injury Lawyers to understand whether you have a valuable claim.
The CDC estimates that every year, at least 28,000,000 people across the country seek medical attention in emergency facilities for injuries caused by accidents. Such accidents can occur in a variety of ways. Personal injury may occur as a result of a slip and falls, automobile accidents, motorcycle accidents, work-related injuries, and the list goes on.
Many of these accidents are caused by the negligence, or carelessness of another person or company. When such an accident is caused by another party, the victim may be entitled to recover compensation for their injuries and other costs. Such compensation can include property damage, medical expenses, lost income, quality of life, and mental suffering.
Claims Arise from a Variety of Accidents
There are many different types of accidents that cause accidental injuries. The steps to take in approaching each case are unique. Strom Law Firm’s experienced and skilled attorneys have spent their careers successfully taking on and managing cases that arise from a variety of circumstances:
After being in a car accident, it is important to take steps to protect your rights, like seeking medical attention immediately and notifying your own insurance company that an accident has occurred.
Following an automobile accident many insurance companies often reach out to the other drivers involved to ask for statements. It can be critical to speak with a lawyer before you give any statement to an insurance company. In addition, insurance companies may attempt to make early settlement offers that do not take into account the full value of your medical bills, the time you were away from work, the time you were unable to assist your family, or the activities you were not able to do while injured. Always have your case reviewed by a personal injury lawyer before settling too quickly. Many insurance companies will work hard to take advantage of vulnerable accident victims.
Slip and falls are some of the most commonly occurring accidents and can often be caused by the negligence or carelessness of another person or a business owner. Businesses and homeowners have certain responsibilities to keep their property safe for visitors, guests, and paying customers. They are responsible for accidents that happen caused by conditions on the property, including defective conditions. When you slip and fall, it is no laughing matter.
A slip and fall often result in a violent collision with the ground. They can cause serious injury to the most healthy among us, let alone the damage caused to our elderly neighbors. It is important to speak with an attorney following your slip and fall, because, at the time of the accident, you may not even realize the fall was someone else’s fault. Whether you’ve slipped on a wet floor in a grocery store, tripped over a raised sidewalk, fallen on a curb or tire stop, or encountered a broken handrail or other condition, contact the slip and fall attorneys at Strom Law Firm immediately to discuss your slip and fall today.
Even the most skilled and experienced motorcyclists can be involved in accidents that result in serious injury and often multiple injuries from one accident. Injuries range from road rash and broken bones to traumatic brain injury and spinal cord damage. Sadly, these accidents can be fatal, leaving families behind with unpaid bills, and the loss of a loved one.
Rarely will a motorcyclist not need medical treatment following an accident. They often require transport by emergency medical services (EMS) to a hospital. Medical bills and other expenses add up quickly. Fortunately, an injured victim may be entitled to compensation from negligent drivers and other parties.
Boaters and boating accidents can often lead to injuries and even deaths. Some situations where boat operators may be at fault include:
- The operator was inattentive due to his phone or others on the boat.
- The vessel had mechanical issues that were ignored.
- The boater was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The boater was moving too fast.
- The boat operator was inexperienced.
While South Carolina does not require boat operators to carry insurance, every boat operator or owner should carry liability insurance and many do. It is important to hire an attorney to work towards securing compensation from boat owners and their insurance policies when you or a loved one is involved in a boat accident resulting in serious bodily injury or death.
Truck accidents happen far too often across America. Truckers may be on the road for too long, overworked and tired, and may make mistakes. Trucking accidents cause serious and many times irreparable injuries to drivers and passengers on the road when a large truck encounters a coupe, sedan, SUV or even a truck or farm vehicle. An eighteen-wheeler’s size and weight make it capable of destruction when accidents occur. Whether an accident is caused by a driver’s carelessness, a decision by a trucking company to put an unqualified or overworked driver on the road, a maintenance problem, or a defect in the truck or cargo’s manufacturing, those responsible must be held accountable for injuries.
Disappointingly, drivers often treat road cyclists as afterthoughts on St. Matthew’s roads, which too often leads to catastrophic accidents. The most common causes of these accidents include:
- Aggressive drivers.
- Failure to yield a right-of-way.
- Poor visibility.
If you have been involved in a bicycle accident or have otherwise been harmed by the carelessness of a driver on Columbia roadways, consult our experienced St. Matthews Personal Injury Lawyers. An attorney may be essential to serving as protection from insurance companies trying to settle quickly with you.
Additional Areas of Personal Injury Law
- Bus accidents– It can be environmentally and financially friendly to travel by bus, but when a bus runs into a car or pedestrian, significant injury can occur.
- Medical malpractice– Medical providers, too often, become careless and fail to fulfill their duty of care. Whether injured during surgery, diagnosis, or routine care, hospitals, practices, doctors, nurses, and other clinical and administrative staff, who fall below the standard of care should be held accountable.
- Nursing home abuse– Nursing home abuse and neglect may present itself in several ways. All can cause significant physical, mental, and emotional damages to vulnerable victims.
- Physical Neglect
- Failure to provide services
- Failure to adhere to a plan of care
- Financial abuse
- Physical altercation
- Sexual battery
- Emotional abuse
- Premises liability– More than just slip and falls happen thanks to unsafe conditions in stores and on other people’s property. Dog bites, drowning, falling objects, hazardous conditions, and allowing dangerous activities, etc. can all fall under the broad topic of premises liability.
- Dog bites– Too often, individuals who take every preventative measure are still bitten by dogs. Many of those bites can be very severe.
- Dangerous prescription drugs
- Defective products– Flawed products are put in the market all the time. When products have caused injury or are likely to cause injury, and are made available to the public, the manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of those products must be held accountable.
Typical Injuries in St. Matthews Accidents
Our accident injury clients suffer from various injuries. Some victims have their entire life altered or even ended by one mistake of another person. Our St. Matthews Personal Injury Lawyers have experience representing clients suffering from:
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken and fractured bones
- Internal bleeding
- Soft tissue injuries
- Neck injuries and back injuries
- Burns and lacerations
- Loss of limbs
- Wrongful death
- Birth Injuries
- Class action lawsuits
- And more
How Much Do St. Matthews Personal Injury Lawyers Cost?
Consulting with the St. Matthews personal injury lawyers at Strom Law Firm will not cost you anything. Our fee is contingent and will only be paid if we are able to collect on your behalf. Contact an attorney at Strom Law Firm today so we can get to work for you ASAP.
Contact the St. Matthews Personal Injury Lawyers at Strom Law Firm Today
If you have been injured in an accident in St. Matthews, or anywhere else across South Carolina, contact us. Speak with the experienced and skilled legal team of St. Matthews Personal Injury Lawyers at Strom Law Firm in Columbia at 803-252-4800 or online and find out if we are able to help you.