Construction Site Accident Attorney in Winnsboro, SC
Construction sites are required to follow strict regulations and rules for the safety of everyone on-site. Regrettably, safety guidelines and rules sometimes fail to protect everyone’s safety. Too often, OSHA regulations are ignored on job sites. Sometimes, mechanical equipment or human mistake leads to a serious injury. Have you been injured in a construction site accident? If so, make sure that you fight to secure the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Contact Strom Law Firm immediately at (803) 252-4800. Our highly experienced and skilled Winnsboro Construction Accident Attorneys will dedicate themselves to fighting for you.
What Is A Construction Accident?
Construction accidents are injuries to anyone occurring on or around a construction site and/or involving construction equipment. These accidents often happen to construction workers on the site. However, injuries can occur to anyone on or near the site, including visitors, employees, and innocent bystanders. The most common construction site injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Traumatic Brain Injury often resulting from debris or tools falling from elevated locations, such as roofs, ladders, or scaffolding
- Mechanical accidents due to improper operation or mechanical failure of construction tools
- Sprains or strains, and other soft tissue injuries
- Broken and fractured bones
- Slip and Fall caused by tripping over items left on the ground or falling from ladders or scaffolding
- Workers being crushed by equipment or materials
Who Should Compensate You for a Construction Accident?
Construction accidents can be caused by a multitude of issues, and the party to be held responsible depends on each individual scenario. If a construction accident is caused by human error, you may seek to hold that person and/or his employer accountable. If an accident is caused by a mechanical issue, you may seek to recover from the manufacturer, maintenance company, or owner of the machinery. If an accident is caused by a breach in rules and regulations, you may seek to hold the employer accountable, due to his failure to either put in place or enforce necessary precautions. Working closely with a construction accident lawyer is, by far, the most important step to take to ensure you are properly compensated for your injuries. If we represent you, the Strom Law Firm will work to ensure that all the right people are held accountable. An experienced Winnsboro Construction Accident Attorneys near me at the Strom Law Firm, LLC can help.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered for Damages Suffered as a Result of a Construction Accident?
Following a construction accident involving liability, an injured person can recover for a variety of damages. The damages you might recover ultimately depend upon the types and seriousness of your injuries. The court will also examine if the injured party’s own negligence was a significant factor.
A plaintiff injured in a construction site accident may receive damages of two types: economic and non-economic damages.
- Economic damages are intended to cover financial loss caused by the accident, examples include medical bills and lost income.
- Non-economic damages are intended to compensate a victim for different types of loss like pain and suffering or emotional distress.
Different types of personal injury compensation might include:
- Compensation for bills paid related to medical treatment of your injuries. These may include ER visits, nursing homes, or physical and occupational therapy. This often includes costs of future medical treatment.
- Lost income and wages. If you have missed work because of your injuries, this form of compensation for lost wages will attempt to make you whole again. You may also receive compensation for your future inability to work over the course of your lifetime.
- Wrongful death.
- Pain and suffering.
- Emotional distress. Damages recovered for anxiety, depression, or PTSD resulting from the injury.
- Loss of consortium. These damages are intended to compensate family members for the loss they suffer when a victim is unable to provide the same companionship as before the accident.
A jury may also award a plaintiff punitive damages, which are intended to punish any reckless or intentional behavior of the defendant that caused the injury.
How Hard is it to Prove a Construction Site Accident Case?
There are numerous parties that could be implicated in a construction site accident: an employer, their other employees, several different contractors, equipment lessors, equipment manufacturers, property owners, and the insurance companies for each of these. Often, insurance company representatives will reach out to you immediately after your accident and offer you pennies on the dollar for a quick settlement. You should never accept this offer without first consulting your own Winnsboro construction accident attorneys. The insurance company wants to negotiate with you at your most vulnerable and least informed state of mind. It is imperative that you consult with a lawyer whenever you suffer an injury at a construction site, whether employed on-site, visiting, or just passing by.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Winnsboro Construction Accident Attorneys?
Consulting pone of our Winnsboro Construction Accident Attorneys at Strom Law Firm will not cost you anything. We generally operate on a “contingent fee” basis, meaning we only get paid if we secure compensation on your behalf. After securing compensation on your behalf, we collect our costs plus a predetermined percentage of your settlement or judgment. Contact a lawyer at Strom Law Firm today to allow us to get to work for you as soon as possible.
Get Help Now for Your Construction Site Injuries
If you or your loved one has suffered a construction site injury on a construction site in Winnsboro, Lee County, or anywhere else in South Carolina, contact us. Visit us at our Columbia office, contact us online, or give us a call at 803-252-4800 to schedule a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation. If you have been injured in an accident, our Winnsboro Construction Accident Attorneys offer free evaluations & do not collect a fee unless we recover for you.