Brain Injury Attorney in Winnsboro, SC
If you believe you have been the victim of injury to the brain due to the negligence of another, you need an experienced Winnsboro Brain Injury Attorney to fight for your rights. Brain injuries can be the result of an accident, defective product, or a fall. A brain injury can occur even without hitting one’s head or losing consciousness.
An injured person may not notice the effects of a brain injury for several months after an accident. And the seriousness of a brain injury can range from mild to severe. Due to the complexities of the human brain, every injury is unique and can affect the entire body and mind from memory to controlling one’s emotions.
Types of Winnsboro Brain Injury Treatment
For many victims of brain injury, treatment is a complex regimen of rehabilitation. The Brain Injury Association of America recommends several treatment paths for patients who have suffered a traumatic brain injury:
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit) – A patient’s ICU goals include reaching medical stability and preventing medical disaster.
- Acute Rehabilitation – Working with a brain injury victim to regain as many activities of daily living as possible.
- Post-acute Rehabilitation –The goal of post-acute rehabilitation is to help the patient regain the most independent level of functioning possible. This can be a more intensive physical activity.
- Outpatient Therapy – Often occurring after acute and/or post-acute rehabilitation, a brain injury sufferer often continues to receive outpatient treatments and therapies to continue along and heighten their recovery from their injuries.
- In-Home Care – Often, victims who suffer a brain injury will require extensive at-home care. Sometimes, this helps them re-learn basic tasks, other times it requires assistance to perform seemingly menial tasks.
Contact a Brain Injury Attorney in Winnsboro
Brain injury effects are often traumatic and life-long, resulting in temporary or permanent injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in Winnsboro, or anywhere else across South Carolina, contact us.
We offer free case evaluations and we do not collect a fee unless we recover for you. Speak with one of the experienced Winnsboro brain injury attorney at Strom Law Firm in Columbia by calling (803) 252-4800 and find out if we are able to help you.