Burn Injury Lawyers in Winnsboro, SC
If you or a loved one have suffered a burn injury, let one of the Winnsboro Traumatic Burn Injury Lawyers at the Strom Law Firm help get you the compensation you deserve.
In 2015, forty thousand burn injuries required hospitalization. In total for 2015, the American Burn Association states that over 486,000 Americans suffered from burn injuries. These injuries can also be considered catastrophic injuries.
Types of Winnsboro Burn injuries
Many different accidents and incidents can result in the need for Winnsboro Burn Injury Lawyers. Examples of the more likely burn injuries are those caused by steam, matches, boiling water and electrical appliances, and chemical burns. Other frequent causes of Winnsboro burns include:
- Steam and hot liquid
- Truck Accident
- Electrical burns, from outlets or lightning strike
- Grabbing heated objects, such as hair straighteners or griddles
- Playing with matches
- Bus Accident
- Construction Accident
- Kitchen incidents
- Chemical burns, often from cleaning products
- Car Accident
Severity of Winnsboro Burn Injuries
The four primary categories of burn injuries:
- First-degree burn: Affecting the outer-layer of skin, known as the epidermis. A first-degree burn is often red in color and moist. A first-degree burn is generally better within about a week or so.
- Superficial second-degree burns breach the epidermal layer of skin and reaches to the next layer, called the dermis. A second-degree burn may appear pink in color. A “superficial second-degree burn” generally heals on its own, usually within two weeks.
- Second-degree burns: These are different from the above described burns. The tissue damage goes deeper into the layer of skin known as the dermis. Second-degree burns like this will be of a white color and dry. These can take three or four weeks to get better.
- Third-degree burns: Everyone has heard of a third-degree burn. These are the highest severity of classification for a burn. A third-degree burn happens when the epidermal (outer-most layer) and the dermal layers of skin are both destroyed by the burn and the damage extends subcutaneously. Third-degree burns will have significant texture to them, will be charred, and many times have a leather-ish appearance. Third-degree burns are incredibly serious, and many times will result in skin grafting or additional reconstructive techniques.
Winnsboro Burn Injury Lawyers
It is no secret that a burn can cause some of the most painful injuries. If you suffer from a burn injury caused by defective equipment, unsafe work conditions, or a child being left unsupervised with a dangerous product, a lawsuit may be needed to recover compensation, even possible workers’ compensation, for your injuries. While they may seem minor, burns of any severity are serious. A scar from a burn can last a lifetime and can sometimes affect the victim by creating a perpetual sensation of intense pain. The damage can also cause a significant amount of mental anguish and distress. The law exists to make burn victims and other victims as close as possible to being whole again.
If you suffered burns in an accident or any other way in Winnsboro, Fairfield County, or anywhere else across the state of South Carolina, our Winnsboro burn injury lawyers offer free case evaluations. In addition to these free consultations, our firm will not collect a fee unless we recover for you. Contact the experienced legal team at Strom Law Firm in Columbia at 803-252-4800 or visit our website and find out how we may be able to help you.