Brain Injury Attorney in Bishopville, SC
If you have been injured in an accident, our Bishopville Brain Injury Attorneys offer free evaluations & do not collect a fee unless we recover for you.
When preventable accidents result in serious injury, victims can sustain tremendous losses. Victims often incur significant medical expenses and lose income due to not being able to work. In addition, people who are hurt in accidents often experience substantial physical and emotional pain and suffering. Fortunately, South Carolina laws allow victims to recover compensation for these and other losses that they may experience as a result of a preventable accident. Our Bishopville Brain Injury Attorneys at the Strom Law Firm are familiar with litigating South Carolina personal injury cases can often help victims recover substantially more compensation than they would be able to retain on their own, so it is highly advisable for anyone injured in an accident to discuss their options with an experienced Bishopville Brain Injury Attorney.
Brain injuries can be the result of an accident, a defective product, or a fall. A brain injury can occur without hitting one’s head or losing consciousness. Furthermore, the injured person may not even notice the effects of a brain injury for several months after the accident.
The seriousness of brain injury range from mild to severe. Due to the complexities of the human brain, these injuries can affect the entire body and mind – everything from coordination to memory to controlling one’s emotions.
Types of Bishopville Brain Injury Treatment
Though every brain injury is unique, for many victims, the treatment of a brain injury is a complex process of various forms of rehabilitation. The Brain Injury Association of America recommends various treatment paths for patients who have suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI):
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit) – A patient’s ICU goals include reaching medical stability and preventing medical disaster.
- Acute Rehabilitation – Working with a brain injury victim to regain as many activities of daily living as possible.
- Post-acute Rehabilitation –The goal of post-acute rehabilitation is to help the patient regain the most independent level of functioning possible. This can be a more intensive physical activity.
- Outpatient Therapy – Often occurring after acute and/or post-acute rehabilitation, a brain injury sufferer often continues to receive outpatient treatments and therapies to continue along and heighten their recovery from their injuries.
- In-Home Care – Often, victims who suffer a brain injury will require extensive at-home care. Sometimes, this helps them re-learn basic tasks; other times, it requires assistance to perform seemingly menial tasks.
Contact a Bishopville Brain Injury Attorney
Brain injury effects are often traumatic and life-long, resulting in temporary or permanent injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in Bishopville County, or anywhere else across South Carolina, contact us. The experienced legal team of Bishopville Brain Injury Attorneys at Strom Law Firm offers free case evaluations, and we do not collect a fee unless we recover for you. Contact us in Columbia at (803) 252-4800 and find out if we can help you.