Columbia Same Sex Custody Lawyers
In South Carolina, same-sex family law is a new area of practice. While on its face, same sex custody should be handled like any other custody battle but there are addition and unique issues that a South Carolina Family Court Lawyer may need to address.
Legal issues that arise from surrogacy and adoption add complexity to same-sex custody arrangements that are not present in cases of opposite-sex couples and their biological children.
Same Sex Custody Issues
The Strom Law Firm in Columbia SC, provides helpful, informed legal advocacy in same-sex divorce and same sex child custody cases. The Strom Law Firm can assist you in protecting your legal rights by addressing important questions like:
- How will custody and, if applicable, child support be worked out?
- How will visitation work?
- What is the relationship between child custody and child support?
- What if my child was adopted?
- What if my child was from a previous marriage or relationship?
- Is biological parentage a factor in my custody case?
- Was there an in vitro process or surrogacy?
- What if both are legal parents?
- What if only one person is the legal parent?
- Can a court take away my rights if I was previously married to someone of the opposite sex?
- Can my case be resolved outside of court or in mediation?
Same Sex Custody Family Court Lawyers at the Strom Law firm
Every custody case is different and should be evaluated carefully. It is important to obtain proper legal advice before pursuing any course of action in a custody matter.
Searching for an LGBT family lawyer or LGBT child custody attorney? Call the Strom Law Firm 803-252-4800 to discuss your case.