South Carolina Immigration Lawyer, Fighting Criminal Charges
If you get arrested, your immigration status may be at risk. If you believe authorities may be trying to deport you, you need to contact a South Carolina immigration lawyer as soon as possible to make sure that you rights are protected.
The South Carolina immigration lawyer at the Strom Law Firm will fight for your right to live and work in the United States. Our SC immigration lawyer will provide deportation defense during your removal proceedings. We will fight to obtain a cancellation of removal or seek a political asylum. We can also help you obtain a business visa, investment visa, or student visa.
Cancellation of Removal
Immigration removal proceedings may take place if an individual has been convicted of certain crimes. Lawful Permanent Residents and Non-Permanent Residents are both eligible for cancellation of removal.
For a Lawful Permanent Resident to be eligible for cancellation of removal they must:
- Have been a lawful permanent resident for not less than five years
- Have resided in the United States for no less than seven years in any status; and
- Have not been convicted of an aggravated felony.
For a Non-Permanent Resident to be eligible for cancellation of removal they must:
- Have continually resided in the United States for ten years
- Have been a person of good moral character throughout this time
- Is not otherwise subject to certain criminal bars arising from conviction of certain crimes
- Show that the removal would result in “exceptional and extremely unusual hardship” to the immigrant’s spouse, parent or child who is a US citizen or legal permanent resident.
Political asylum is designed to protect those seeking persecution in their home country. This persecution may be based on race, nationality, religion, political opinions, and membership of a particular social group or social activity. A South Carolina immigration lawyer will fight to help you obtain the status of political asylum.
If you need a visa, our South Carolina immigration lawyer can assist you in this process. We understand the process can be complex and quite difficult. To obtain a visa, you must first apply for a specific type.
Business visas are sponsored by a work place and are issued to those working for the work place needing to enter the country. Investment visas are issued to those wishing to relocate to the United for business or engage in a large amount of international trade. Student visas are issued to those receiving formal education in the United States.
At the Strom Law Firm, LLC we have the experience you need in regards to assisting with you immigration claim. Call our South Carolina immigration lawyer today to see how we can help. We offer a free immigration consultation. Contact us 803.252.4800.