Burn Injury Lawyers in Bamberg, SC
If you have a personal injury case, contact an experienced Bamberg Burn Injury Lawyers like Bakari Sellars can help you navigate your case.
According to the American Burn Association over 486,000 Americans suffered from burn injuries in 2015. Forty thousand of these burn injuries are known to have required hospitalization.
Types of Bamberg Burn injuries
Burn injuries result from many different accidents and incidents. Examples of the more likely burn injuries are those caused by steam, matches, boiling water, electrical appliances, and chemical burns. Other frequent causes of burn injuries suffered by those in need of a Bamberg Burn Injury Lawyer include:
- Steam and hot liquid
- Electrical burns, from outlets or lightning strike
- Grabbing heated objects, such as hair straighteners or griddles
- Playing with matches
- Bus Accident
- Truck Accident
- Construction Accident
- Kitchen incidents
- Chemical burns, often from cleaning products
- Car Accident
Severity of Bamberg Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can cause many catastrophic injuries. The four primary categories of burn injuries include:
- First-degree burn: Affecting the outer layer of skin, known as the epidermis. A first-degree burn is often red in color and moist. A first-degree burn is generally better within about a week or so.
- Superficial second-degree burns breach the epidermal layer of skin and reaches to the next layer, called the dermis. A second-degree burn may appear pink in color. A “superficial second-degree burn” generally heals on its own, usually within two weeks.
- Second-degree burns: These are different from the above described burns. The tissue damage goes deeper into the layer of skin known as the dermis. Second-degree burns like this will be of a white color and dry. These can take three or four weeks to get better.
- Third-degree burns: Everyone has heard of a third-degree burn. These are the highest severity of classification for a burn. A third-degree burn happens when the epidermal (outer-most layer) and the dermal layers of skin are both destroyed by the burn and the damage extends subcutaneously. Third-degree burns will have significant texture to them, will be charred, and many times have a leather-ish appearance. Third-degree burns are incredibly serious, and many times will result in skin grafting or additional reconstructive techniques.
Bamberg Burn Injury Lawyers
If you suffer a burn injury caused by defective equipment, unsafe work conditions, or a dangerous product you may need to file a lawsuit to recover compensation for your damages. Burn injuries can be serious. A scar from a burn can last a lifetime. The damage from a burn can also cause a significant amount of mental anguish and distress.
If you suffered burns in an accident in Bamberg, Bamberg County, or anywhere else across the state of South Carolina, contact us. We offer free case evaluations and our firm will not collect a fee unless we recover for you. Contact the experienced legal team at Strom Law Firm at 803-252-4800 or visit our webpage. We look forward to hearing from you and finding out how our Bamberg burn injury lawyers are able to help you.