Car Accident Attorney in Brunswick, GA
Brunswick car accident victims often face medical hurdles and obstacles for months and years beyond the accident. Speak to our Brunswick car accident lawyers immediately if you have experienced an injury resulting from a car accident. Call Strom Law Firm in Brunswick at 912.264.6465 or contact us online to discuss your potential claims.
If you are unsure about whether it is necessary to hire a car accident attorney, take a look at our page about when you should hire a Brunswick car accident lawyer.
Immediately Obtain Medical Attention
If you are involved in a car crash, you should first seek immediate medical attention. Although you may not initially believe that you or your child are injured, you should be aware that many injuries could take days or even weeks to fully develop your claim. For this reason, it is necessary to seek treatment as early as possible to protect your health. Seeking treatment early also ensures that all of your injuries are documented in your medical records, which will be very important if you are later forced to file a personal injury claim.
Seemingly minor injuries can suddenly take a serious turn. In some situations, these injuries can even turn deadly:
- Internal bleeding – Internal bleeding is a life-threatening consequence of trauma. The condition can arise with most organs or blood vessels in the human body. Car crashes and other accidents often involve blunt force trauma, when your body collides with another object at high speed. The most common causes of internal bleeding are:
- Traumatic Head Injury
- Liver and spleen damage
- Injuries near the lungs and heart
Signs of internal bleeding will vary, depending on the injury’s severity and location, but some symptoms to keep an eye on include:
- Abdominal Pain
- Deep Purple Color to Skin
- Talk and Die Syndrome – If you or a loved one experience trauma to the head during a car accident, there may not always be immediately obvious signs of injury or pain. You could be suffering from a condition known colloquially as “Talk and Die Syndrome.” You or your loved one may seem fully lucid and able to functionally walk and talk, all while internally suffering from an epidural hemorrhage. Victims, unaware of a fractured skull or bleeding and swelling, might attempt to carry on with regular activities. Some symptoms might later include nausea, a severe headache, and sudden sleepiness.
- “Talk and Die Syndrome” could be fatal, so if you or a passenger suffered a blow to the head during a car accident, seek medical attention even if you feel perfectly fine. Advise medical professionals that you struck your head and it may be injured. It is of the utmost importance that such conditions are treated immediately before the condition deteriorates.
After you have been in an auto accident, never decline medical attention. You may be able to walk and talk, but the chance for internal non-obvious injuries is too high to risk your life.
Preserve Your Rights
After being in a car accident, you should take several steps to preserve your rights. After receiving medical care, assist law enforcement with their accident report. It is important to document all of the details of your accident for potential future litigation and call our experienced Brunswick Car Accident Lawyers.
Never speak with the driver of the other vehicle. You cannot know what they will say or what they might choose to hear. They may be posturing for a future legal claim. When motives are unknown, it is important to avoid conversation.
The best Brusnwick car accident lawyers agree that most insurance companies will attempt to speak with you in an effort to settle your claim against the other driver. Do not speak with these companies. You should always have your case reviewed by a personal injury lawyer before making a recorded statement to an insurance company or settling. Many private policy insurance companies will attempt to take advantage of accident victims in frantic and confused states of mind.
Our clients are the top priority at Strom Law Firm. Our Brunswick Car Accident Lawyers near me understand the complexity of suffering from car accident injuries, and the wide array of physical and financial consequences that accompany such an accident. We are committed to fighting for you and your family to get the compensation to which you are entitled.
Brunswick Car Accident Lawyers
Automobile accidents can happen in any place and at any time. Cases of distracted driving are increasing, and too many drivers drive under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Many drivers are simply reckless. Depending on the severity of your injuries, car accident expenses can be astronomically high. Nobody should be forced to spend their own money on recovery resulting from another’s negligence. Take control and take action against the responsible driver.
If you have been injured in a car crash in Brunswick, Glynn County, or anywhere else across Georgia, contact us online. We offer free case evaluations and we do not collect a fee unless we recover for you. Contact the experienced legal team at Strom Law Firm in Brunswick at 912.264.6465 and find out if our Brunswick car accident lawyers are able to help you.