Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Brunswick, GA
All drivers should understand that they should safely share the road with motorcyclists, but there will always be negligent and dangerous drivers on the roads. Defective bikes and dangerous roadways or road hazards also pose significant risks to motorcyclists, as does road construction. After a crash, an injured motorcyclist should protect his or her legal rights and discuss the accident with a Brunswick motorcycle accident attorney.
While riding motorcycles can be fun, it can also be extremely dangerous. Because they do not have the additional protection of a vehicle frame, motorcyclists may be more vulnerable to injury than other motorists in the event of a collision. Motorcyclists are also more vulnerable to single-vehicle accidents, especially ones caused by hazardous road conditions.
The Brunswick Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at the Strom Law Firm has represented many victims injured in motorcycle, eighteen-wheeler, and other traffic-related accidents. We understand motorcyclists’ risks, and we work diligently to hold negligent parties accountable. Please contact our office if you would like to discuss possible representation.
Motorcyclists Can Suffer Severe Injuries
There are many types of safety gear designed to protect motorcyclists. However, even a motorcyclist wearing the maximum amount of protective gear is never fully shielded from the possibility of a serious injury if a crash occurs. Even a helmet cannot fully protect from head trauma one hundred percent of the time. Motorcyclists do not have the safety features of a car or truck to protect them. As such, another vehicle may collide directly with a motorcyclist’s body. While a motorcyclist may be in complete control of his or her bike, it is never possible to control other vehicles or to ensure that vehicles can accurately identify motorcycles on roadways.
Even the most protected motorcyclists can be involved in accidents that result in traumatic or fatal injury. The following are examples of injuries commonly resulting from motorcycle accidents:
- Head fractures
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Broken bones and shattered bones
- Damage to muscles, tendons, or ligaments
- Neck and back injuries
- Organ damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Road Rash
It is rare that a motorcyclist will not require some amount of medical care following an accident, and they often need to be transported to a hospital by ambulance. Expenses can add up quickly. Fortunately, the law provides a remedy for an injured accident victim to seek compensation from negligent, grossly negligent, or reckless parties.
Who Caused Your Motorcycle Accident?
In motorcycle cases, a liable party is often one of three types— other drivers and their employers or companies, government entities, contractors or construction crews, or motorcycle manufacturers.
- Drivers– Drivers often negligently cause accidents with motorcyclists. Whether by distracted driving, driving under the influence, failure to yield, or other actions, negligent drivers should be held accountable for causing injury to motorcyclists.
- Government entities– Government agencies are often in charge of maintaining public roads and highways. They undertake this responsibility, sometimes by engaging contract workers or construction crews, and must do so in a reasonable manner. If roadwork is performed negligently or in a grossly negligent manner, whether by failing to repair potholes or large cracks, Strom Law Firm attorneys will work to hold them accountable.
- Motorcycle manufacturers– Sometimes, manufacturers build motorcycles with defects or defective parts. If such defects cause an accident, the manufacturer can be held liable.
The process of filing and litigating a motorcycle accident case will depend on the type of party from whom recovery is sought, the severity of injuries, and other factors. We understand the complex legal issues that arise in every kind of personal injury case, and we want to help after your motorcycle accident.
Learn How Our Brunswick Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Can Assist You
Motorcycle accidents can cause serious or even fatal injuries. With these types of injuries comes emotional, financial, and personal devastation to victims and their families. If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash in Brunswick, Glynn County, or anywhere else across Georgia, contact us. We offer free case evaluations, and we do not collect a fee unless we recover for you. Contact the experienced Brunswick Motorcycle Accident Attorney at Strom Law Firm in Brunswick at 912.264.6465 or online and find out if we can help you.