Slip and Fall Attorney in Brunswick, GA
It is important to speak with a Brunswick Slip And Fall Lawyer following a slip and fall, because, at the time of the accident, you may not even realize the fall was someone else’s fault. We can investigate the matter further to determine the facts. Whether you’ve slipped on a wet floor at a grocery store, tripped over a raised sidewalk, or suffered from a slip and fall in any number of other ways, contact. It is important to speak with an attorney following a slip and fall, because, at the time of the accident, you may not even realize the fall was someone else’s fault. We can investigate the matter further to determine the facts. Whether you’ve slipped on a wet floor at a grocery store, tripped over a raised sidewalk, or suffered from a slip and fall in any number of other ways, contact a Brunswick Slip And Fall Lawyer the at Strom Law Firm immediately.
Accidental falls are some of the most common injuries causing accidents. While now and then, a slip and fall is just an unlucky situation or clumsiness, often, it may be caused by the negligence of a property owner or other party. Businesses and homeowners have certain duties to keep their property safe for visitors, and when they fail to live up to that duty, accidents happen. Although common in pop culture and comedy, when you slip and fall, it is no laughing matter. A slip and fall often result in a violent collision between your body and the ground, which can lead to serious injury for the most healthy among us, let alone the damage a slip and fall can cause for our elderly neighbors.
Typical Causes of Brunswick Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents occur due to a variety of factors. Some of these factors may suggest negligence of another. Some of the more typical slip and fall accident causes follow:
- Failure to properly light a space
- Uncovered wiring
- Debris on the ground
- Faulty stairs
- Broken or raised pavement
- Absence of handrails
- Hidden or unclearly marked steps
- Uneven floors
- Worn down and torn carpet
Is my injury serious enough for a slip and fall case?
Seeking compensation for any injury, whether through an insurance claim or a lawsuit, can be difficult. Slip and falls can be even more difficult than other claims. Because slip and fall cases are usually brought against a property owner’s insurance policy, the insurance company will be represented by a defense lawyer and prepared to fight back. Slip and falls often end up in litigation, which can be stressful and frustrating without the help and guidance of an experienced Brunswick Slip And Fall Lawyer.
For the above reasons, it is important to consider the extent of your injuries. You probably do not want to deal with the troubles of a lawsuit over minor scrapes and bruises. But, if you suffered a significant injury to your head or any other part of your body, it is probably worth doing whatever you can to recover compensation for your expenses and troubles.
Slip, and falls can be tough cases to prove, but you should not let that keep you from pursuing compensation when necessary. Negligent property owners should be held accountable for conditions that cause injuries. At Strom Law Firm, our Brunswick Slip And Fall Lawyer always offer a free initial consultation where we can discuss the above factors and decide on the best path forward.
Premises Liability Analysis In Slip and Fall Cases
Under Georgia law, the extent of a duty that the owner might owe an injury victim is in accordance with the following:
- Invitees: Invitees enter the land of another individual at the express or implied invitation of the occupant of the land. An occupant or land-owner owes a duty of reasonable care to an invitee, which carries the duty to warn of any “latent” or hidden defects or dangers. The owner must have actual or constructive notice of the defect to give rise to this duty. Constructive notice means that the occupant or owner has reason to believe that the condition exists, and the condition would be discovered with a reasonable inspection.
- Licensees: Licensees are allowed entry to a property by the consent of an owner or occupant. The duty of care owed to a licensee is not quite as strict as that owed to an invitee. Owners and occupants have a duty to warn licensees of conditions that are actually known by the owner or occupant. There is not a requirement to actively inspect and discover dangerous conditions or to make any unknown conditions safe.
- Trespassers: Trespassers enter land belonging to another without any invitation, right, or lawful authority. They enter exclusively for their own purposes. Trespassers are merely owed by the owner of the occupant a duty to not be harmed by willful or wanton conduct or conditions.
Injuries Often Suffered in Slip and Fall Accidents
- Broken Hips and Dislocations– Broken hips and hip dislocations are other common injuries resulting from slip and falls. Hip injuries can be completely debilitating. The CDC estimates that ~95% of hip injuries are caused by falls. Most often, this injury is suffered by elderly individuals. The consequences of fractured, broken, or dislocated hips can be devastating, sometimes deadly—approximately 20% of those injured by a hip fracture pass away within one year of their accident.
- Shoulder Injuries– Shoulder damage is a common result of a slip and fall. Anybody that has suffered a shoulder injury knows that they can be painful, debilitating, and downright inconvenient. Many of those who suffer shoulder injuries never fully heal, resulting in chronic pain and disability. For significant shoulder injuries, surgery followed by a long course of physical therapy may be required. These procedures and follow-ups are time-consuming and expensive.
- Head Injury– Often, during a slip and fall, a victim’s head will strike the floor with the full momentum of the fall. Traumatic brain injury is yet another injury from a slip and fall that can alter a person’s life forever. When somebody falls backward, their momentum often causes their heels to swing over their head, leading to their head hitting the ground hard, with the full force of gravity. Traumatic brain injury often leads an accident victim with only one choice: pursue compensation for their altered lifestyle, lost income, and medical expenses.
- Back Injuries and Spinal Cord Damage– Slip and fall accidents can sometimes result in herniated discs, broken backs, and spinal cord damage. Anybody who has suffered a back injury knows that it can affect every aspect of your life. The back and spine are central to the entire body, and an injury to them renders many activities impossible for an injured party. Aside from the effect, a back injury has on your ability to perform certain actions, and back injuries are incredibly painful and sometimes permanent. If your injury requires back surgery, you will have a long and expensive road to recovery.
- Fractures, Sprains, and Strains– While fractures and sprains are not thought of as the most severe injuries, they can be painful and lead to short-term and long-term complications. Often, fractures or sprains can result in chronic pain, infection, and other issues in a slip and victim.
If you have had to pay the physical and financial costs of any of the above injuries or other slip and fall injuries, a Brunswick Slip And Fall Lawyer at the Strom Law Firm can help you seek the compensation you are owed.
Contact a Brunswick Slip And Fall Lawyer Today
If you have suffered the unexpected devastation of slip and fall injuries, it is important to be compensated by the responsible party. Injuries from slip and falls should be taken seriously, and those that cause them should meet their obligations to keep their property safe. Strom Law Firm is experienced in representing victims of Brunswick slip and falls and other accidents. You may also be entitled to Social Security. A Brunswick slip and fall lawyer is ready to meet with you in person at your convenience. You can also contact us online or by phone at 912.264.6465 to schedule a time to talk with a member of our team.