Dog Bite Attorney in Brunswick, GA
According to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF), well over half a million Americans are treated for injuries resulting from dog bites each year. Over half of those that get medical care are children, while senior citizens comprise the next highest rate of dog bite patients. Contact a skilled and experienced Brunswick dog bite lawyers to protect your rights and obtain the compensation you deserve.
Steps to Take to Avoid Dog Bites in Brunswick
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers a list of some easy-to-remember safety tips to prevent being bitten by a dog:
Actions To Avoid Around Dogs:
- AVOID approaching strange dogs that you do not know.
- AVOID running away from dogs; they will give chase.
- AVOID panicking or making sudden loud noises that might startle a dog.
- AVOID disturbing sleeping dogs, and dogs who are eating
- AVOID promoting aggressive play in your own or other dogs.
- Most importantly, NEVER let children around a dog while unsupervised.
Actions to take to avoid dog bites:
- Remain calm and motionless if approached by a strange dog.
- Children should find an adult, and adults should reach out to local police or animal control about stray dogs or strange dogs.
- If a dog that you don’t know knocks you down, curl into a fetal position and put your hands over your head, covering your face and ears.
Contact a Brunswick Dog Bite Lawyer Immediately
Too often, individuals who take every preventative measure are still bitten by dogs. Many of those bites can be very severe. If you are bitten, call emergency medical services (EMS) or go to the nearest emergency department or urgent care facility to ensure that you have not sustained a catastrophic injury.
Often, victims suffer mental and emotional harm from being attacked by a dog. These are compensable damages in addition to physical injuries. It is always important to know the name of the dog’s owner, and, if the dog bite occurred at a residential home, or a commercial apartment, the name of the homeowner or the apartment complex. It can be critical to know where in the home or apartment complex that the dog-bite occurred, including if the dog bite was in an outdoor or common area.
After receiving the medical treatment that you require, you should speak to a Brunswick Dog Bite Lawyers, who will review the facts of your case and analyze them under Georgia law to protect your rights. Investigating whether you can recover for your dog bite injuries, and who is responsible for your dog bite injuries can be a complicated process, which means it is necessary for an attorney to advise and help you through the process.
Our Brunswick dog bite lawyers will fight for you to receive all of the compensation to which you are entitled. We offer free case evaluations, and we do not collect a fee unless we recover for you. Contact the experienced legal team at Strom Law Firm in Brunswick at 912.264.6465 or online and find out if we are able to help you.