Brain Injury Attorney in Lexington, SC
Brain Injuries can leave a devastating wake following an accident. Brain injuries can be the result of an accident, defective product, or a fall.If you or a loved one have suffered a brain injury, let the Lexington Brain Injury Attorney at the Strom Law Firm help get you the compensation you deserve. A brain injury can occur even without hitting one’s head or losing consciousness. Additionally, the injured person may not even notice the effects of a brain injury for several months after the accident. The seriousness of brain injury ranges from mild to severe. Due to the complexities of the human brain, these injuries can affect the entire body and mind from memory to controlling one’s emotions.
Types of Lexington Brain Injury Treatment
Brain injuries pose unique challenges. For many victims, the treatment of a brain injury is a complex process of various forms of rehabilitation. The Brain Injury Association of America recommends several treatment paths for patients who have suffered a traumatic brain injury:
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit) – A patient’s ICU goals include reaching medical stability and preventing medical disaster.
- Acute Rehabilitation – Working with a brain injury victim to regain as many activities of daily living as possible.
- Post-acute Rehabilitation –The goal of post-acute rehabilitation is to help the patient regain the most independent level of functioning possible. This can be a more intensive physical activity.
- Outpatient Therapy – Often occurring after acute and/or post-acute rehabilitation, a brain injury sufferer often continues to receive outpatient treatments and therapies to continue along and heighten their recovery from their injuries.
- In-Home Care – Often, victims who suffer a brain injury will require extensive at-home care. Sometimes, this helps them re-learn basic tasks; other times, it requires assistance to perform seemingly menial tasks.
Contact a Lexington Brain Injury Attorney
The effects of a brain injury are often traumatic and life-long and can result in both temporary and permanent injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in Lexington County, or anywhere else across South Carolina, contact us. We offer free case evaluations, and we do not collect a fee unless we recover for you.
Contact the experienced Lexington Brain Injury Attorney legal team at Strom Law Firm in Columbia at (803) 252-4800 and find out if we can help you.