Brain Injury Lawyer in Sumter, SC
Contact an experienced Sumter Brain Injury Attorney at the Strom Law Firm to protect your rights and obtain the compensation you deserve.
Accidents occur in a split second. Before you know it, you’re facing serious consequences. That is why you need an experienced Sumter brain injury attorney if you have suffered a personal injury due to the negligence of another.
Brain injuries can be the result of a car accident, or even a defective product or fall. The injured person may not even notice the effects of a brain injury for several months after the accident. And a brain injury can occur even without hitting one’s head or losing consciousness.
Brain injury effects are often traumatic and life-long, resulting in temporary or permanent injuries. And their seriousness can range from mild to severe. Due to the complex nature of the human brain, injuries to it can affect the entire body and mind from memory to controlling one’s emotions.
Types of Sumter Brain Injury Treatment
Treatment of a brain injury is a complex process of various forms of rehabilitation. The Brain Injury Association of America recommends several treatment paths for patients who have suffered a traumatic brain injury:
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit) – A patient’s ICU goals include reaching medical stability and preventing medical disaster.
- Acute Rehabilitation – Working with a brain injury victim to regain as many activities of daily living as possible.
- Post-acute Rehabilitation –The goal of post-acute rehabilitation is to help the patient regain the most independent level of functioning possible. This can be a more intensive physical activity.
- Outpatient Therapy – Often occurring after acute and/or post-acute rehabilitation, a brain injury sufferer often continues to receive outpatient treatments and therapies to continue along and heighten their recovery from their injuries.
- In-Home Care – Often, victims who suffer a brain injury will require extensive at-home care. Sometimes, this helps them re-learn basic tasks, other times it requires assistance to perform seemingly menial tasks.
Contact a Sumter Brain Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury in Sumter County, or anywhere else across South Carolina, contact us. We offer free case evaluations and we do not collect a fee unless we recover for you.
Get in touch with an experienced Sumter brain injury attorney at Strom Law Firm in Columbia at (803) 252-4800 and find out if we are able to help you.