Burn Injury Attorneys in Orangeburg, SC
If you have an Orangeburg Burn Injury case, contact an experienced Orangeburg Burn Injury Lawyers like Bakari Sellars can help you navigate your case.
If you or someone you love happen to have been in an accident and suffer a burn injury, the skilled and experienced Orangeburg Burn Injury Lawyers at the Strom Law Firm are available to assist you in recovering compensation. For a free consultation with an experienced Orangeburg Burn Injury Attorney, call 803-252-4800.
Types of Orangeburg Burn injuries
Many different accidents and incidents can result in burn injuries. Examples of the more likely burn injuries are those caused by steam, matches, boiling water and electrical appliances, and chemical burns. Other frequent causes of Orangeburg burns include:
- Steam and hot liquid
- Grabbing heated objects, such as hair straighteners or griddles
- Playing with matches
- Truck Accident
- Chemical burns, often from cleaning products
- Bus Accident
- Electrical burns, from outlets or lightning strike
- Construction Accident
- Kitchen incidents
- Car Accident
Severity of Orangeburg Burn Injuries
The four primary categories of burn injuries:
- First-degree burn: Affecting the outer layer of skin, known as the epidermis. A first-degree burn is often red in color and moist. A first-degree burn is generally better within about a week or so.
- Superficial second-degree burns breach the epidermal layer of skin and reaches to the next layer, called the dermis. A second-degree burn may appear pink in color. A “superficial second-degree burn” generally heals on its own, usually within two weeks.
- Second-degree burns: These are different from the above-described burns. The tissue damage goes deeper into the layer of skin known as the dermis. Second-degree burns like this will be white and dry. These can take three or four weeks to get better.
- Third-degree burns: Everyone has heard of a third-degree burn. These are the highest severity of classification for a burn. A third-degree burn happens when the epidermal (outermost layer) and the dermal layers of skin are both destroyed by the burn, and the damage extends subcutaneously. Third-degree burns will have significant texture to them, will be charred, and many times have a leather-ish appearance. Third-degree burns are incredibly serious, and many times will result in skin grafting or additional reconstructive techniques.
Orangeburg Burn Injury Attorneys
It is no secret that a burn can cause some of the most painful injuries. If you suffer from a burn injury caused by defective equipment, unsafe work conditions, or a child being left unsupervised with a dangerous product, a lawsuit may be needed to recover compensation for your injuries. The law exists to make burn victims and other victims as close as possible to being whole again. While they may seem minor, burns of any severity are serious. A scar from a burn can last a lifetime and can sometimes affect the victim by creating a perpetual sensation of intense pain. The damage can also cause a significant amount of mental anguish and distress.
If you suffered burns in an accident or any other way in Orangeburg, Orangeburg County, or anywhere else across the state of South Carolina, our Orangeburg burn injury lawyers offer free case evaluations. In addition to these free consultations, our firm will not collect a fee unless we recover for you. Contact the experienced legal team at Strom Law Firm at 803-252-4800 or visit our website and find out if we can help you.